Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Steinmetz

Consultation fee = $250.00 for literally 15 minutes. Hope you have good insurance. My insurance paid a portion, and then I was billed the difference (125.00 for 15 mins of his time). Ha, That's $1000. an hour. Then my husband was laid off, lost our insurance and had to get state insurance. When I call their office to schedule my surgery, they said sorry we don't take that insurance. You would think that he would help people out who are in need of surgery. Yes state insurance doesn't pay that much, but he should understand that people sometimes have unforeseen circumstances. As a nursing student, I believe it's about helping someone become well. Not about how much money they have or the type of insurance they carry. It's a shame that some doctors turn you away just because of the type of insurance you have.I even offered to pay the difference of my surgery. NOPE Greed! Dr.'s oath?? HA!!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Scott operated on my mother. He did good. One day I went to ER with a belly ache and was sent to a room where Scott said time to operate. Went to surgery confident and not scared. Man knows his business!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Steinmetz is unprofessional, hyperactive and downright rude. He left my husband with a huge hematoma and recurrence of his umbilical hernia. Don’t seek help after surgery with Dr. Steinmetz because he will brush you off and laugh in your face. I don’t think he a good surgeon, I think he is the part of the “Boy’s Club” at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center. My husband found another surgeon to repair his hernia again.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

High energy, no-nonsense, great guy. Listened to me. Great follow-up after surgery. Attentive. Demands a lot from the people taking care of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

Dr. Steinmetz is an excellent communicator. He listened well, asked appropriate questions and left me with the information I needed. I feel I received high quality medical care from an experienced and professional doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Scott A. Steinmetz's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21205 (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Bel Air, MD