Ratings for Dr. Wayne D. Soven

Awful experience with dr. Soven. U took my son in for what I thought to be an ear infection, his first one ever. He walked in my saying a word and started to listen to his heart, then looked at his ears. Then took what looked like a crotchet needle and scraped inside his ear with out telling me anything about what he was doing. Then my son acted like he was in immense pain. And he normally doesn't cry at shots so I knew this hurt. He never consoled him or said anything to me. When I asked him if this was hurting him the doctor said he jut first like to be held down . What?????!!!! Needless to say no bedside manner and horrible service. Don't see him ever!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Been going this this office ever since my son was born. The last visit was much less than stellar. The woman answering the phones is rude, and anyone who know me know that you have to be pretty rude for me to even comment on it in conversation. As far as Dr. Sovin goes, he seemed okay, except for the part where he interrupted me mid-sentence to say he didn't care, and that my thoughts on my stuggles with add as a child and now adult were irrelevant to his treatment of my son. Are you serious? Who works for who here? Who knows, maybe he is so awesome he doesn't need manners.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. Soven was treating my son for adhd...key word here is WAS!!!!!..DR SOVEN HAS NO INTREST OTHER THEN TO PUSH MED FOR THESE CHILDREN AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HELPING THEM WITH THEIR ISSUES WHICH CAN BE MANY. MY SON HAS SPEECH AND HEARING ISSUES AND DR SOVEN REFUSED TO GIVE ME A REFERAL TO HAVE HIM SCREENED,AFTER MUCH PUSHING HE RELUCTANTLY GAVE IT TO ME.THE LAST DRAW WITH DR SOVEN WAS HIM WANTING TO PUT MY SON ON A MED DOSAGE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH FOR A GROWN MAN TO TAKE KEEPING IN MIND MY SON IS 8 AND ONLY WEIGHTS 55 LBS.PLEASE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING YOUR CHILD TO BE TREATED BY DR SOVEN FOR ADD OR ADHD DON'T!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Just last month I was called in to go over some results of an ultrasound from a seperate issue. I saw a Dr. I never have seen there before (which wasnt surprising) after discussing her results he is babbling " ok so patient is doing well, ears look good, looks healthy right now..." Good thing I spoke up because THE DOCTOR NEVER EXAMINED HER! He said :oh I better check her ears. Good thing I said something because she has a massive ear infection . !!!!If you are reading this and still plan to take your child here.... my only suggestion is see anyone besides Dr. Soven.... he is the worst, most pompous and unsympathetic doctor I have ever met..

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I saw Dr Soven for my son with add. i had previously gone to a class for parents with add which was very helpful in letting me know what I need from a doctor. Dr Soven is not what I need. He shrugged off my concerns when I told him that i wanted my son to have an ekg and eeg before medication. he just said that's not necessary (even though we don't know for sure that my son doesn't have a heart problem or seizures). all he seemed to want to do is write a prescription and push us out the door. he never spoke of any other type of help my son would need (i.e. therapy) we will not be continuing treatment with him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

I think that Dr. Soven is a very knowledgeable Dr. and very concerned about his patients.You couldn't ask for a better physician to see your child.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

He is not a people person. He almost acted like he hated kids!!!!! I will never go back there again!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2006

Very rough in the handling department. Seems to have the mentality that babies don't feel pain (or doesn't matter because they will forget?). Not a doctor I will go back to soon.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2006

This doctor is supposed to be an ADD specialist. I had to jump through a lot of hoops just to get a consultation appt. with him. While there he did not seem to be really paying attention to me and my child. He seemed VERY rushed didn't care about the steps we are taking at home to help my daughters ADD. In fact at one point I showed him a software program we are using and I said it is supposed to be good for children with ADD. He didn't even glance at it he said "Well that is what they tell you anyway, or they wouldn't sell it right?" I couldn't believe he was so nasty and didn't care about making sure that the proper things are in place besides medication to help a child with ADD. No advice or anything. I felt like I was wasting his time, and I felt humiliated when he made that comment to me. I had to ask him about the side affects of the medication he wanted to use for my daughter. Very disappointed VERY!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2006

Dr. Wayne D. Soven's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1983)