Ratings for Dr. Maryjo P. Ramsey

I went to her for 12 years for my primary medical care. She did nothing but prescribe pain medications for me and made me feel that it was all in my head. She did nothing to find out the root cause of the neurological symptoms I was having. Turns out, I had severe spinal and cervical stenosis. I have permanent and crippling nerve damage from pinched nerves in my neck. I use a wheelchair to get around because I cannot walk any distance. I could not get her to refer me to a specialist for six months. Her staff kept putting me off and 'losing' my requests for a referral. I finally had to go in in person and demand a referral. She was surprised at the results found by the neurologist and then neurosurgeon. I was not. I was not taken seriously at all by this woman. She caused lasting and permanent damage to me and my body. I cannot work as I have very limited use of my hands and arms and cannot control personal bodily functions. I am a walking quadriplegic now.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Really bad doctor. She was late, over 45 minutes late, and then kept blaming her lateness on the staff. The one staff person who brought me back to the room was obviously having an affair with another staff person and couldn't spend any time listening to my situation. NEVER AGAIN, I will find a different doctor AND office.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr Ramsey listens. Her medical care is a partnership with the patient. She is knowledgeable. She is willing to refer you to a specialist if she feels you need more specific care. She always follows up on results. It's a little difficult to get an appointment, but worth the wait.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2006

Dr. Maryjo P. Ramsey's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)