Ratings for Dr. James E. DOWD

I used Dr. Dowd for partial knee replacement in hospital for 3 days NEVER. WAS OUT OF DEVASTATING PAIN ALSO. NEVER SLEPT !! It has been 5 months and I am stil hurting so bad !!!! I don't know what to do ??? He said everything. look fine , although I explained how bad it was n had sharp pain when I got up from chair knee gave out fell directly on that knee n left side of chest !!! I couldn't take a deep breath for 5 days !!! I am SOOO disappointed n wish I never had it done - by him !! Even tho I had friends who said he was great ?!!???????? Now he doesn't care !! My arthritus dr. said she refers a lot of people to him n that it's wrong n I need to ask for referral for second opinion!!! Just what I want to do - go thru this again !! But seriously if it doesn't improve I will have to c someone !! N I expect no change as its already been 5 months !!! Awful!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Dowd was rude, arrogant and did not treat me as an individual patient. He thinks everyone should react the same to surgery. I was left in horrible pain the hospital for six days and never once saw him. I would never go back to him or recommend him to anyone. I've heard from the rehab I went to that his patients have a lot more pain than with other doctors doing knee replacements !

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

My experience with Dr. Dowd left me speechless. I had a hip resurfacing by another doctor whom is now located across the country, so I was excited to find someone nearby to address any questions and concerns I may have. I have been experiencing moderate and sometimes severe pain, along with other issues. I spent all of ten minutes with Dr. Dowd, and walked out of his office merely in tears. In so many words, he told me that my discomfort was a figment of my imagination and that I needed to stay off of the internet. I was in shock and left speechless. He did not examine me, ask me to walk or check my range of motion. Following my appointment, I did some research and a few of my concerns were those being experienced by others whom have also suffered hip/pelvic trauma. Hopefully with more research, I can find a doctor who is comfortable listening to their patients and addressing their concerns, rather than creating them. Regretfully, this appointment was a complete waste of my time.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Dr. Dowd and his staff were wonderful. Dr. Dowd specializes in total hips and total knees and revisions of both so I felt like I had the right Doctor to treat my hip arthritis. He explained everything in great detail and answered all of my questions. I am so glad I had the total hip done and even wished i'd done it sooner!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

Dr. James E. DOWD's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)