Ratings for Dr. Wayne C. Barish

I initially went to Dr. Bearish exam my eyes for an ongoing condition involving lashes that grow backwards and can scratch my cornea because I was vacationing in Florida and my Ophthalmologist recommended that I have them checked in Florida. My very first visit cost $70. Because the receptionist said my insurance did not cover the procedure they were going to do. I paid it only to find out they were testing my eyes to see if I needed new glasses. Now remember....that was not why I went there. Next, he scared me to death....told me I have glaucoma and to come back for a recheck. He did remove a few lashes that day. Ok...back for another appointment....retested for glaucoma....then he calls me into his office not even talking about glaucoma, but talked about testing me for dry eyes that would cost $40. Because my insurance did not cover it. I had to ask him about the glaucoma.....hmmm...no I do not have it! Surprise? Left that day not getting the dry eye exam but with another appointment for the lashes. When I arrived the girl called me up and said that will be $40 for the dry eye exam. I told her I was there for the lashes only. The original friendly doctor calls me into his office...looks at my papers....shakes his head....abruptly asks why I was there if I would not get the test done! He treated me with no respect then! I held my own and remind him of the lash problem! He went on to inform me of his "education" in dry eye assessment! When I left, he told me to stop at the desk for another appointment.....guess he thought he was Mr. Wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Staff is very efficient. Especially Veronica. She is very knowledgeable and patient. Dr. Barish is also very patient. He wants to make sure you are satisfied no matter how many times it takes and didn't charge for the extra visits!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Excellent practice! From my initial call to schedule to the visit with such a knowledgable Doctor. I'm very happy I've chosen this doctor and his practice!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Went in for a routine eye exam and from the time I entered the appointment (I was told to come in early for paperwork) to the time I left was 3 and a half hours. The staff was unhelpful stating this is just how it is with this particular Doctor. Someone should've told me over the phone or I would have never come to this office! The doctor seemed offended when I mentioned the wait and tried lecturing me on how other people before me needed specific care that might take a little longer. He was in another room with a patient when I was brought into the one I would be seen, and I waited nearly an hour sitting in a dark room for him to come in and examine my eyes! Thankfully a dark gentleman offered some water or a magazine which is why the staff gets 2 stars. I'll never go to this office again. Nearly 4 hours for a routine eye exam is horrible. I should've went to another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Wayne Barish, my wonderful eye doctor, who actually looks at me when explains what is happening with my sight. He is treating me for a chronic dry eye condition very successfully. He managed to get rid of my irritation, and my eye sight is better since I started following his orders. I am recommending Dr. Barish to everyone. He is the best.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr. Barish is an extremely caring doctor, one of the best I have ever seen. He spends time with his patients, which can cause long wait times, but it is worth it. The office is also stunning and the staff are friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I took my kids to see Dr. Barish for their annual eye exams. He was nice to them, but when it came time to talk about not dilating my kids' eyes, his attitude turned abrupt. He informed me that they really should get their eyes dilated. His tone was slightly rude and judgmental, which I didn't appreciate. The next year, I gave him another try. Again, when I told Dr. Barish that my kids weren't going to get their eyes dilated, he told me that it's important to do so, then turned around to finish writing in my kids' charts, and started shaking his head. I wanted to walk out! This was so rude and unprofessional. How dare he judge me like he did. My kids (for God only knows what reason!) are deathly afraid of getting their eyes dilated. I have explained to them the (harmless) nature of it, and the reasons why it's important to do it, but they're completely freaked out! I refuse to cause them any trauma associated with doctors, unless of course a condition/symptom warrants it.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

Had lasik done and nearly lost my eyesight. His waits are rediculously long and all the bagels in the waiting room do not make up for time. Nice enough fellow, but... stay away ... he takes huge risks and I, the patient really did not know that.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Dr. Wayne C. Barish's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Lake Worth, FL