Dr. Thomas S. Samuelson

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Thomas S. Samuelson

Dr Samuelson took time to explain the details of my condition to both my husband and myself. He answered all my questions in a professional manner. Have been ver ypleased with him and his staff. I have recommended several of my friends to him!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Samuelson gave my dad an injection of gel recently and this helped him significantly. Very thankful to him and his staff!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

I asked Dr. Samuelson to predict how long the pain would continue in my hip after I was hit by a car. Instead of offering guidance, he berated me for not taking more pain medication, suggested that my injuries "may or may not have been the result of the injury" despite the fact that I have no history of hip pain until the accident, along with huge bruises. I found this uncalled for and offensive. Plus I left without the information I sought.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr. Thomas S. Samuelson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Samuelson became a part of the Kansas City Bone & Joint team in August 1994 and is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and orthopaedic sports medicine. Before joining the KCBJ team, he completed residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine and a sports medicine fellowship at Louisiana State University. Dr. Samuelson grew up in Iowa and earned his undergraduate degree at Iowa State University and his medical degree at the University of Iowa College of Medicine. His primary interest is sports medicine with a special interest in knees and shoulders. He has been affiliated with the athletic programs for Baker University, University of Missouri Kansas City, Rockhurst University, the Kansas City Comets and The Kansas City Attack soccer teams. He is the team physician for Rockhurst High School. He likes to stay current with advancements in sports medicine and is a member of AOSSM (American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine) and AANA (Arthroscopy Association of North America). He enjoys fixing things, which makes his career in orthopaedics so rewarding. He finds it satisfying to help an injured athlete or employee return to a normal. Giving back is important to Dr. Samuelson and he has recently participated in Operation Walk USA to assist those in need. He also has volunteered with his church. In addition, Dr. Samuelson enjoys spending time with his family, tennis, skiing and golfing.

• English

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)