Ratings for Dr. Alvin A. Stambler

Dr. Stambler treated two generations of my family, my daughter, and her three children. Dr. Stambler by far is the only doctor I know who would ever make House calls or come into the office on a Sunday to check on his patients. He has a heart of gold and most of all, he genuinely cares. My grandson had an extremely low iron deficiency when he was 4 months old. He would run HIGH fevers and get very sick be regurgitating all that was in his stomach, and become faintly week... this occurred weekly. I was terrified. Dr. Stambler worked on him, and not only did he tell me how to care for him, but he monitored me and my grandson, he would call either myself or my husband routinely on his off hours just to check on him, and would be willing to go into the office again Sundays if necessary. He literally nursed my grandson back to life. I am so grateful to God for finding Dr. Stambler. I thank Dr. Stambler for all that he's done for Isaiah and our family. It was to the point where Isaiah would say that he wanted to become a doctor, and Dr. Stambler would encourage him. I'm grateful, we need more doctors like Dr. Stambler.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Stabler was my pediatrician for over 18 years. Upon remembering some childhood sexual abuse from a maternal uncle who was also Dr. Stambler's patient, I found out that I had reported the abuse to him at age 4. He never reported it to police, which he was required by law to do. He advised my mother not to leave me alone with that uncle, no therapy, no psychological referral, nothing. I got a copy of the page with the entry for that visit, after he questioned why I was bringing this up now. He referred to my uncle, who he treated well into his adulthood, as his "buddy".When I later asked for a copy of my full medical record he had his staff give me the runaround claiming they couldn't find it. Now I'm dealing with PTSD and anxiety disorder all these years later because of his incompetence. His actions were criminal and he should have his license revoked!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Stambler has been my physician for 19 years. It breaks my heart that since I turn 21 in March I'll have to find another doctor. He's such a great man.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Alvin A. Stambler's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1952)