Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Kepley

On June 24th 2015 I made an appointment with Dr. Stephen R Kepley O.D. and I was quoted that a comprehensive evaluation would cost $153.00. During the evaluation the technician said that they needed to do an eye measurement for hard contact lenses. I informed the technician that I could bring my recent measurement for contact lenses and she responded that they “like to start from 0”. Believing that this was all part of the price of the comprehensive evaluation I went through with the measurement that took approximately 4 minutes. When I left they informed me that my total charge was $252. I said that I was quoted only $153 so why are you charging me $252? They replied that they charged me $99 more for the measurement. I was never told that they were going to charge me more for the measurement and I have been to 2 other Optometrists and neither one of them added an additional charge for the eye measurement. Not having insurance I find this very unethical considering I was never informed of the additional charge until after the fact and I would have been able to supply the measurements myself.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr. Stephen R. Kepley's Credentials

• Southern College Of Optometry (Grad. 1983)