Ratings for Dr. Leslie E. Stern

Dr. Leslie Stern is one of the worst doctors I've ever visited. He doesn't listen to you. He did not examine me yet he compiled a fabricated report indicating that he had done so. I would not recommend this doctor and I've reported him to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for fabricating details of an exam that did not take place.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Stern is highly knowledgeable and spends the time to explain every aspect of the procedure in a way that patients can understand. He is also a top notch surgeon who is never too busy to take a call or answer a question.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Stern is an incredible neurosurgeon. He operated on me when I was out of work with intense neck and arm pain. After my surgery, I was back at work in a month and let me tell you, I had been to quite a few other doctors and no one predicted this level of success. Dr. Stern is also accessible and kind, even when I had questions on the weekend or at night. Dr. Stern is one of a kind.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

This is the worst Dr. for diagnosis and post-op surgery. He waited three yrs. to perform surgery on me, when my primary care Dr. kept telling him I needed surgery. I suffered with crippling pain, incontinence, E.R.'s during those three yrs. After three yrs. of suffering I went to the E.R. on 8/29/03 because the pain was so severe and I couldn't walk. I called the Dr. the next day and he sent me for an MRI on a Sunday then I seen the Dr. the next day and he told me if I didn't have surgery then I would be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I was scheduled for surgery on 9/08/03 but I failed my pre-op test and he still wanted to do the surgery, so the surgery was changed to 9/11/03 but he got another Dr. to OK my surgery for 9/10/03. After the surgery he refused me care and released me on 9/11/03. He is lousy on post-op because he sent me home with a massive infection with stools in my urine. He and his staff refused me care and I had to turn to a clinic for help. Now I'm disabled.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Said I needed surgery. Received a second opinion and they put me in physical therapy. The physical therapy worked.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2007

Dr. Leslie E. Stern's Credentials

• Univ Of Manitoba, Fac Of Med, Winnipeg, Man, Canada (Grad. 1964)