Ratings for Dr. Peter Kan

Prior to coming to Dr. Kan I was experiencing brain fog, headaches, extreme fatigue which caused me to fall asleep in the afternoon in addition to an inability to sleep through the night. I also had stomach ache and bloating. All of these symptoms began impacting my ability to focus at work as well as overall active lifestyle and I knew I needed to do something as previous doctors were not of any help, telling me I had no problems. After attending one of Dr. Kan’s evening sessions I scheduled time to meet with him and learn how he might be of help. During my initial visit Dr. Kan took the time to listen, a very rare occurrence in this medical day and age, and explain what steps we might take to identify root causes to my issues. I walked away with hope. After six months in the program and having learned I had leaky gut, issues with wheat germ as well as a circadian rhythm that was completely reverse of what it should be. I can say that the investment was well worth it. Yes, it is an investment. Not only for my health today but also well into the future. I no longer have any of the symptoms that I came in with, which is incredible. I sleep well at night, am able to maintain focus at work like I was unable to do previously, I no longer have the gas and bloating and have an overall increased level of energy and wellbeing. Dr. Kan was able to identify the root causes and along with his wonderful and caring staff partnered with me to educate and ensure that I am well prepared to maintain the course. For that I am so very grateful!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

My journey with Dr. Kan at Hope Integrated Wellness Center and his staff started back in 2012. After years of battling with hashimotos without any success I sought out a more natural approach to finding the cause of my autoimmune instead of just throwing pills at it, because truly the meds were not getting me anywhere. I was suffering from extreme fatigue, headaches, weight gain, hair loss, skin issues, chronic stomach issues, and was just not enjoying life like I used to. Up until finding Dr. Kan, I went to my PCP, several top endocrinologists all to here the same thing over and over again for 10 plus years, "I don't know why you feel bad, your labs are normal". Lets just increase your synthroid dose. I was taking 175mcg of synthroid prior to finding Dr Kan. When I started seeing Dr. Kan in 2012 we started out with finding the root cause with blood work, stool testing, saliva testing and a full neurological exam. We found my main food triggers to be gluten and dairy. I started a 6 month treatment program that included a 1 month long food detox, leaky gut diet, chiropractic adjustments and brain based therapy. These treatments saved my life!!!!! As of today I continue to follow a gluten and dairy free diet, and I exercise 5-6 days a week ( and I love it ). My weight is steady, I have so much more energy than before, rarely have headaches, and my skin issues have completely resolved. I continue to see Dr Kan 1-2 times per year to have my labs checked and make sure everything is still in line. Oh and did I mention, so far I have been able to stay off thyroid meds!!!!!! I do take a few healthy supplements from Dr. Kan and will continue to do so. Finding Dr. Kan and his staff was the best thing to happen in my life. I am truly happy and healthy again!!!! THANK YOU DR. KAN!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

For the last 20 years I have suffered with various ailments such as fatigue, constipation, swelling of extremities, weight gain, brittle nails, hair loss, dry skin, and muscle aches and pains. I have seen a number of doctors through those years and have been told I just need to exercise more and eat less. Finally, about 7 years ago, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and began medication. Unfortunately, my symptoms never went away. And, then, I finally found “HOPE” through the aptly named Hope Integrative Wellness Center. Dr. Peter Kan and his friendly staff give personalized and attentive care which leads to favorable results. It’s wonderful to have a doctor who listens and works with you. I finally have energy and can walk 6 1/2 miles with no pain. This is tremendous as I could only walk ¼ of a mile when I began to see Dr. Kan. My pain level has reduced about 75%. I have lost 40 pounds enjoying food and feeling satiated, and constipation is a thing of the past. Thank you Dr. Kan!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Kan and his staff are amazing! I went to him with symptoms such as fatigue, digestive issues, brain fog and many more that had been going on for years. No other doctor had been able to fix these issues. Dr. Kan works hard to get to the root of the problem. After going through his treatment, I feel like a whole new person! My symptoms have all been relieved and I lost 45lbs! His staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kan!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

For several decades I have been suffering from severe, debilitating neck and back pain as well as reflux and chronic stomach and abdominal pain. Over the years I consulted with different physicians and underwent many different treatments only to come out with no relieve, and often worse. Treatments consisted of oral steroids, muscle relaxers, injections into the neck and spine, nerve ablation, and even chemo therapy. There was little quality of life for me as every little task was difficult because of pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, anemia, and chronic fatigue. As a registered nurse, my work was difficult and often impossible from always feeling ill. I had decided my state was going to be for the rest of my life. My boyfriend (a pharmacist) showed me an ad in the local newspaper about a workshop given by a doctor who specializes in autoimmune diseases. What did I have to lose but a couple of hours of my time? When my boyfriend and I attended Dr. Kan’s workshop, we were both very delighted and impressed by his knowledge about so many things that no one else had ever addressed. I started therapy after being thoroughly tested physically, completing lab work, and providing samples. When all test results were available, Dr. Kan would meet with me and adjust any treatments necessary. The nutritionist met with me often to follow up on my needs and progress. Physical therapists were always available for any questions. The office staff is courteous and knowledgeable. Dr. Kan has helped reduce the severity of my symptom and pain after a few months of treatment. I no longer have to spend all day in a reclined position or near a toilet. This is the best investment I have made for my health and I am very grateful to have found Dr. Kan.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I'm a 62 year old female who was having lifelong issues of weight control, hormonal issues, depression, chronic pain and inflammation throughout my body, lethargy, concentration & comprehension, memory recall (brain fog),and a more recent issue of hand tremors. An evaluation and treatment from a neurologist, a year earlier for the hand tremors, resulted in a subscription for clonazepam. Great, just what I didn’t need, another prescription pill. While it took the tremors away, it left me in a haze and tired all the time. I had resigned myself to living out my life in a manner that prevented me from enjoying life in every capacity. All my prior doctors seemed to do is manage a condition. I was always looking for resolution and not another pill! That was until I happened to read an advertisement about Dr. Kan in a local newspaper about a free clinic explaining hormone & thyroid issues. I called and was able to get into the next available class (they fill up fast!) After attending the seminar, going through the initial exam, reading the material provided, and some mind/soul searching, I decided that this was the plan for me. Dr. Kan’s explanations (and whiteboard drawings) appealed to my senses and understanding. He is very knowledgeable on the entire systems in the body, I learned the most from him on the interaction of the brain & digestive systems. No other doctor ever took this approach…getting to the root of the problem. My program involved a 6 month long treatment plan. My life slowly changed and flourished under the care of Dr. Kan and his staff. There was extensive physical and blood testing after which my own personal plan was devised. Repairing my leaky gut, detoxing, and outlining a new way to eat (basically clean & green) were the biggest help for me. The tests determined that I had allergies and sensitivities that I was unaware of and I learned how these affected my autoimmune system. I agree that his plan is not for everybody but it was the plan for me and made a remarkable difference in my life. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Kan and his staff as they were with me every step of the way. They become your family and along with the encouragement, suggestions, compassion, understanding, and assistance given during weekly visits, they also, give hugs!! I always felt that I mattered and was valued. They were available to answer questions via the website which was very helpful but a phone call was always an option too. They have a remarkable site that they can help you track your food and daily intake which is monitored by both the staff and Dr. Kan. They have an excellent response time whatever mode of communication you choose. In my aftercare, I tune into the weekly AskDrKan Show when I can…still learning things from him! Also, I love watching The Mix with Dr. Kan & Shelby, new recipes, informative, and humorous. So, now I’m a 62 year old woman enjoying life, who travels, hikes, exercises, eats well and has found cooking as a new hobby! I’m eagerly looking forward to a vacation with my daughter & granddaughters exploring New York City. I have no misgivings in keeping up with them. Throughout life we all make investments. This time, I made an investment into myself! It was worth every penny! A shout out and big thank you to everyone at Hope Integrative Wellness Center!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Before I find out about Dr. Peter kan and Hope Integrative Wellness Center I was having inflammation all over my body. I had pain in my joins. I was suffering for a very intense fatigue, brain frog, depression, insomnia, despite me been eating healthy I was gaining weight every month about one to two pounds. On top of that my hair was falling off and I got Alopecia. Over all it was a feeling that I wasn’t at my best. It just wasn’t “me” anymore. I went to my regular doctors and they couldn’t find what was wrong with me. That was very frustrating. At one time I found Dr. Kan talking on facebook and it called my attention that he focused on the root cause of the problem instead of treating the symptoms. The information he provided was very educative and mind opening so I decided to go to his free workshop and get more information. After my first visit with Dr. Kan he ordered a detailed lab work and when he get the results he spend over an hour going over every single detail and answered all my questions. Following his program had changed my life. The pain is gone. I sleep all through the night and wake up full of energy. I had stop gaining weight and lost some pounds. My hair is growing back. Thanks Dr. Kan and his beautiful staff for helping me getting my health back!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I went to Dr. Kan over four months ago in hopes of him helping me with chronic infections, low immune system, adrenal fatigue, gut issues and brain fog. I'm four months into treatment and have never felt better. Suffering over the years, I had been to several specialists and was on over 20 pills a day to try and cure my symptoms. I was left frustrated with no hope, depression, no motivation and it was affecting not only myself but also my family and career. I felt like I would never be myself again. Today, four months into treatment with Dr. Kan (and only 5 pills a day) all of my symptoms have subsided and I feel better than I have in years. This program is designed for people dedicated to bettering themselves and their quality of life naturally. If you have been living with any chronic illness, you will do anything to feel "normal" again and that's just what Dr. Kan did for me and my family. I have never felt better and I'm not even done with the program. Thank you, Dr. Kan!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Before finding Hope Integrative Wellness I literally spent decades visiting doctor after doctor searching for at least a reason for feeling completely devoid of energy, motivation and a spark for life. I felt physically exhausted, craved carbohydrates to give me the energy to get through the day, was losing my hair, gaining weight, feeling depressed and was getting more and more discouraged. I knew I had Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, but was told time after time that the medication I was taking was all I could do about living with this autoimmune condition. Coming from a medical background, I couldn’t believe that there wasn’t anything more I could do to improve my situation. So I visited numerous endocrinologists, internists, D.O.’s, and Naturopathic physicians over the years. I was treated for adrenal problems, Hashimoto’s, had my medication dosages adjusted numerous times, followed many different diets and exercise programs, meditated and slept a lot. A lot. I also watched my body develop Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, brain fog, joint stiffness, sciatic nerve pain, all while losing even more hair, and gaining more weight. At the end of my rope, I attended Dr. Kan’s free seminar and immediately knew everything he said made sense to me. After extensive physical and blood testing, a custom plan was developed for my situation. Dr. Kan explained how my autoimmune problems could be attributed to a leaky gut…never before had another doctor explored this route. After just 3 months of treatment with Dr. Kan and his amazing team, my bloodwork came back with remarkable results. My Type 2 diabetes was under control, with my Hgb A1C testing coming back into the normal range, my thyroid hormones had regulated and lowered so much that my medication was cut in half, my energy was up, I no longer napped, I increased my exercising, and lost 30 pounds! Also interesting, was that the detox protocol used by Dr. Kan detected substances hidden and settled in my tissues from decades ago, such as chemicals and mercury that I was exposed to while working in a lab over 30 years ago! As I near the 6-month mark of recovery and treatment, I am pleased with the continued progress and healing I am achieving. What I learned most was that in order to heal, I had to be aware. Aware of my own contributions to my state of health, aware of my stress levels and how to alleviate negative situations, and mostly to be aware of the positive influences, expertise and care offered to me at Hope Integrative Wellness. If you’re at the end of your rope with your current medical situation, I would not hesitate to explore the healing and opportunities to recover offered at Hope Integrative Wellness.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I first visited Dr. Kan with my wife as she was experiencing Thyroid issues. I sat through the first seminar and was surprised with the level of detail and knowledge shared. We both signed up. My symptoms were brain fog, lack of mental clarity, bloating, joint pain, lack energy and lack of sleep. Overall quality of life was poor with due to the low energy levels. The program that was laid out for me was not too difficult to follow, in the beginning mostly food and meal time adjustments. Weekly office visits for the first six months then every other week. After two months, I had lost 30 pounds and gained improvement in sleeping and over all clarity and thought process. The energy level was a big boost, I started riding pedal bikes and found myself soon signing up for 50 mile rides. Dr. Kan also worked with me in setting up a fitness schedule as well. I found the treatment to be unconventional at first (way different than typical prescription medicine). Dr. Kan found food allergies that had been overlooked and also heavy metals in my blood work that other doctors either did not bother to look for or provide answers as to what was going on. Dr. Kan and his team of experts’ have shown integrity and good faith during my treatment. I always received a reply within 24 ~36 hours of emailing Dr. Kan or his staff. Providing not only answers but results was well worth the investment.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017