Ratings for Dr. Patricia C. Mckeever

Thirteen years ago my son had surgery on his elbow from a skating accident. He was 12 at the time. Dr Mckeever performed the surgery. It was an emergency so not much info before the surgery. But after I kept saying over and over that he is an athlete. We need to do all we can to make his arm ready for that. She said she understood but somewhat dismissed me. Every appt I mentioned it. She ended up keeping the cast on for too long and even after a year of PT, he can not straighten his arm. If she had looked at other options other than extended cast time, he would've gained more mobility. She did reconstruct his elbow, but I don't think she considered how important being an athlete was to him because he was young.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I agree with the other comment on this doctor. I came in with problems in my wrists and ankles that had been occurring for quite some time and she kept telling me nothing was wrong with me and that she wouldn't give me a note to get out of PE if nothing was wrong with me (I hadnt even asked about that). She told me things like "most kids can handle a lot of writing" because I told her my wrist would hurt if i wrote too much, and that there was clearly nothing wrong. She isn't kind or sensitive in the slightest. The only good thing she did was send me to PT because i told her she had to do something to help me. Thankfully i got a great PT and he was able to figure out what was wrong with me, but for my follow up checkup i went to Dr. Blecher (not a ped doctor) and he was much much better

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

My 5 year old fractured his arm and we went to see this doctor. She was not only mean and discouraging to my 5 year old, but did not take any time or effort to explain to me what was going on. My kid was hurting and scared and this Dr kept telling him what a cry baby he was and when he finally made an effort to move his finger she did not acknowledge at all his effort and kept being rude to him. I wanted to give it a zero star rating but it was not possible, she does not even deserve 1 start. I will not go to the follow up appointment. I'm sure any other doctor (not even a ped doctor) will be much more sensitive to a kid than her.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014