Ratings for Dr. M. Scott Gardner

Dr. Gardner's staff seemed pleasant and helpful enough and punctual. After two visits with Dr. Gardner he did arrange two referrals one of which I completed. He actually told me he felt I needed to take a specific medicine for my pain and that otherwise he did not wish to further discuss my physical pain. He also did not seem to value all the efforts I was applying toward my pain management including losing 50+ pounds and utilizing supplements as well as exercising and completing 5 days of yoga per week. He did mention that weight loss is easier to talk about than do. I really did not enjoy engaging with this doctor and am unsure why visits with him went so poorly. I did do my best to thoroughly inform him of my challenges and supplements etc. and he seemed overwhelmed by info, not grateful or exploratory in the information I gave. This was quit disappointing to me after spending considerable time through multiple areas of physical pain working to complete a medical and laboratory history as well.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Worst experience with a doctor that I have ever had. He does not listen to the patient. I found a new doctor that will listen and help me with my problem. Dr Gardner did nothing to help me. He just wanted me to know HE was in charge and that I was just a peon and know nothing about how MY body works.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Gardner's staff is among the worst I've evern encountered. A lack of compassion, caring and common sense. Not finding time to see a long time patient, in her 80's, who may have a life threatening infection, pretty much says it all. Dr. Gardner seems a competent doctor but is definitely among the holistic variety -- very little use or faith in medication. Overall a very bad experience having him as my primary care doctor for several years. I am definitely seeking out a new doctor. If you need a doctor, do NOT consider this doctor. If you do go with him you will live, at least I hope you survive long enough, to regret it.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013