Ratings for Dr. Jan E. Lange

Dr. Lange is not good about referring to specialists. My father has severe symptoms of acid reflux, has been treated by Dr. Lange for years, and has never had an endoscopy nor been referred to a gastrointerologist. Despite the fact that Celiac's Disease runs in the family.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Mu family and I have been seeing Dr. Lange for over 15 yrs. I think he is a great Dr.! He was very very helpful in getting my insurance to pay for my gastric bypass surgery , then for my tummy tuck 2 years later after I lost 110 lbs! He has always been wonderful for us! He is a very cautious Dr. He never rushes to the radical or to surgery etc. He uses alot of common sense. He is very caring and kind, and funny too! I would recommend him to any of my friends and family! My in-laws go to him too, they just love him!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2006

I was with Dr. Lange for 7 years as a minor. Unfortunately, my family didn't realize he knew absolutely nothing. I suffered with gastric problems since age 7, but he insisted I just wanted attention and that there was nothing really wrong with me. At age 14 I was admitted to the hospital for a week and it was decided upon that I had a severe case of Crohn's disease. He put me on 40-80mg Prednisone for a full year, and did not taper off correctly (according to my GI). He used NO other medication to treat me. I gained 120 pounds under his care, due to the Prednisone, and was NOT treated properly because he knew absolutely NOTHING about Crohn's disease. I was his first Crohn's patient ever, and he did NOT research it at all. He waited for two years to send me to a specialist for Crohn's disease, waited a full year to send me to a specialist for a torn ligament in my wrist, and just generally knew nothing about his practie.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2006

Dr. Jan E. Lange's Credentials

• Royal Coll Of Surgeons In Ireland, Med Sch, Dublin, Ireland (Grad. 1977)