Ratings for Dr. Jean E. Hoyer

Some people give Dr. Hoyer a bad rap but I have had her for many years and just l love her! Some people need to give her a chance and show a little back bone. She is a very serious doctor and that makes her an excellent one who will tell you like it is. And for that she holds my highest respect for a family practice doctor and a human being

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I had to choose a new primary care doc because my other one moved out of town and since she was taking patients I decided to give her a chance despite the negative reviews I read here because I saw her in place of my regular doc once and she seemed fine and even downright friendly. I wish I had heeded the bad reviews because this is the THE most disorganized, forgetful physician I have EVER had the misfortune of being trapped in an office with. Not to mention the fact that she is rude, moody and so prone to anger that I felt uncomfortable being alone in her office with her after my most recent visit. She absolutely REFUSED to believe that a different doctor hadn't given me a referral for a pain management program, despite the fact that I had been told on 3 separate occasions by this other doctor that I was never given a referral and she made it seem like it was somehow my problem or my fault that her office had to handle the referral - she's the doctor & that should be HER job! NOT MINE She couldn't remember whether or not I was currently in PT and she also forgot that she changed the dosage of a medication I was on during my last visit and then proceeded to basically tell me I was lying about the fact that we discussed the med dosage during my last appointment! She angrily and forcefully grabbed my wrist during the appointment even though she knew I had nerve damage and had been suffering from chronic pain there and she tried to pressure me into having a second surgery on the same wrist even though I told her I was uncomfortable with having a second surgery. I could go on, but suffice to say I am currently looking for anew primary care doctor and I plan to file a formal complaint with the Essentia Health system. She may be educated and knowledgeable about medical topics, but her organizational skills and memory are awful, little things seem to set her off, and her personality (or should I say personalities) made me feel I was seeing Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde! She ought to be in a basement somewhere torturing lab rats instead of being allowed to harass her poor unsuspecting patients! DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT choose Jean Hoyer as your primary care physician!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Doctor was condescending and rude. Treated me like a hypochondriac during the first visit. Lied in my medical reports and stated that I had told her things and asked her questions that I had not. Full of other inaccuracies. Talks a lot but doesn't listen. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her that I had a flare up of a previously diagnosed illness. I went to another doctor and found out that I was right about what was wrong with me. Also, I had another active infection that was causing my other symptoms, which she attributed to "anxiety" and "hypochondriasis." Commented on my physical appearance in my records, stating that I looked "disheveled" and "unkempt." Really?? I came straight from my place of employment where I am in an upper management position: business attire is required. I would run in the other direction from this doctor!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Went to see her because I could not get in to see my usual doctor. She was unsympathetic when I told her about my fears. I know that as patients, we always think the worst but she made a comment that made me feel like she thought I was stupid. I am not a doctor, just explain to me that I am wrong, no need to add a rude comment. BTW, she ended up being wrong and I had to make another appointment, with my doctor, who figured out what it was and got me on the right medicine in the end.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Jean E. Hoyer's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Superior, WI