Ratings for Dr. Brent D. Shelton

I was having very painful periods and knew something was wrong. Was referred over to Shelton by my primary care doctor. First visit and I felt uncomfortable but he said that I needed surgery. He scheduled an ultra sound and confirmed. My husband met him and we both thought that this doctor was very weird. He would not answer any questions we had. The staff only cared about payment and we got the feeling that this place was just a meat market. We found another wonderful doctor, the surgery was done and I am feeling great. To top it off, we told the staff we were uncomfortable with Shelton and on March 7th. 2014 we got a letter from him saying he could not be my doctor anymore. Covering his butt I guess. Stay away from this doctor and Associates In Women's Care because all they care about is your money, not your health.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Brent was my doctor for my first 3 children! My first born was a boy who was born at 34 weeks; early, but healthy, got pregnant with my 2nd lil boy, and was concerned about another preterm labor, and asked if i was considered high risk, & he said NO, unfortunately my son was born early,and he lived for 1 day and passed away, my heart was broken, but I didnt blame anyone as I thought it was just something tragic that happen to our family! 2 yrs. later we found out I was pregnant again, & we were so happy! Hoping Brent would now consider me High Risk I felt like things would go great! But he did not consider me High Risk and said I was fine to live a normal active life!Boy was he wrong, as our baby girl was born early, and she tooo only lived for a day! If he looked more into my birth history he would have realized I have an Incompetent cervix, and needed to not only be put on bed rest, but I also would have needed the cerclage to have kept my beautiful babies in until I was full term!:(

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Shelton delivered my baby and I tore. He stitched me up too tight and I had to have surgery to correct it. Overall, it was an awful, painful experience.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Loved Dr. Shelton and his nurse! He delivered both of my kids and was present during both labor and delivery! He's the only obgyn I will ever go to!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr. Shelton is awesome! I was very dissatisfied with my former OBGYN and looked into this practice during my last trimester. I walked into the office without an appointment, hoping to speak to him regarding his philosophy of pregnancy/labor/delivery. He met with me right on the spot and took 10-15 minutes to sit down and talk to me about all of my concerns - and this was before I was even a patient of his! The staff is wonderful and Dr. Shelton is caring, knowledgeable, easygoing, and patient. I think it is rare to come across a doctor who is open/flexible when it comes to approaching different issues and concerns. I also never felt like I was rushed during any of my appointments, which was nice. Unlike the last practice I used, I always looked forward to my prenatal appointments at this office.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Sandy Winn, NP, just joined the outstanding practice of Brent Shelton MD, Andrea Lerch, MD, and Trudy Skiles, MD. All are accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

To this point in my pregnancy (9 months), I have been very happy with Dr. Shelton. He is always willing to answer my questions and is always very reassuring. I have every confidence that the advice he gives me is sound. His nurse is also great!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

Awesome! Hope to have him as our doctor for all our children!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

I found both Dr. Shelton and his nurse to be friendly, helpful and attentive during my prenatal visits. He was always available to address any questions I had and was also thorough in his answers. He was present during a majority of my labor and my entire delivery.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Dr. Brent D. Shelton's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal