Ratings for Dr. Efrim C. Moore

These comments seem really strange to me as I've been treated by Dr. Moore since 2000 - 16 years! Double fusion with a 3rd very bad disc. In other words, I like him. He's always been professional and very friendly, unless he's running late on a Friday morning because he's in surgery in the afternoon. If so, he's still polite and listens, asks questions, etc., but just may seem in a bit of a hurry. Never once has he asked or recommended any extra tests or procedures to pad a bill. In fact, he recently told me to check out other docs in that field when he found I was stuck with the awful healthcare program called the ACA because it's so bad they don't take it, even though it meant my leaving! That doesn't suggest arrogance to me, quite the opposite!! As far as worrying about his license, I would keep it in mind as well if I were in that field! These are some heavy narcotics and the DEA, especially under Obama, is relentless!! The oversight and regulations would make me crazy, so one should take that into consideration before judging him too harshly. He's a Christian, a good family man, pleasant and can be very funny! If you are in constant pain, it would not hurt ( no pun intended) to see him. It must be very difficult to treat people who are always in pain and have to decide how "real" that pain is! I'd cut him some slack myself. Just check him out at least.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I am an RN and have worked with many different doctors for almost 10yrs. This experience with this so called pain doctor was the worst I've ever had. Dr. Moore is so incompassionate, arrogant, and as he told me "I'm looking out for my license". I thought the focus of concern is supposed to be the patient? I usually don't write reviews unless its really good or really bad experience. In this case, I left in tears. He told me he wouldn't help me. My BP was even elevated due to the severe back pain I experience but he didn't care. I was made to feel like I'm a drug addict. They make you take a drug test and have all the Georgia laws regarding pain meds plastered everywhere. I felt like I was at a police precinct instead of a physicians office. I went to the Atlanta location. I could go on and on about how horribly I was treated but just know...he is not the doctor you want to see if you are having severe pain and need a compassionate doctor. Save your time and money!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I absolutely agree with previous comment. Thank goodness I have never had an injection from him and I wouldn't the only reason I haven't changed to another doctor is the difficulty in changing in this particular field of medicine. He doesn't seem to be very knowledgable in general and he sure doesn't know anything about mine, and he is very flip about it. I do not feel I can really talk to him about my condition because it would be pointless, being that really doesn't seem to care. When I changed doctors to him I got him by default, the one that was available at the time, and in my location. I am in constant pain, and don't know what to do about changing again, I get the bare minimum of meds, that's better than nothing, I guess.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

I am a young woman who was referred to Dr. Moore after a spinal fusion of my L3-4. I was diagnosed with failed back syndrome and told by my surgeon that this pain will accompany me the rest of my life and that I should be made comfortable. I received the opposite. “Dr” Moore negligently injected me too many times where I now am suffering from pseudo-exogenous Cushing's syndrome!! He also informed me that this has happened to another patient of his! My pain level is severe, chronic and he treated me inhumanely. His staff is insincere and rude. He is not a compassionate physician-and when individuals like us are live with type of horrific pain, we are in need of an understanding, professional doctor who is willing to be positive and trustworthy. Here are 2 documents to help you decide if he is right for you: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/01/14/656275/rite-aid-pharmacy-deemed-central.html https://www.gaphysicianprofile.org/profile.ShowProfileAction.action?lic_nbr=033780Please

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Efrim C. Moore's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Canton, GA