Ratings for Dr. Franklin D. Deguzman

Dr dehumanizing ( lol I put in deguzman and my iPhone "corrected" it for me ) seems to be one of these drs who knows all your problems and the answers to all your problems without even listening to what they really are ... He asks you basic questions then assigns you what he believes your diagnosis is .... I already have one I been seeing psych for years ... But he seems to think he knows it all after 15-20 minutes of mostly him running his mouth and asking you questions he barely allows you to answer ... He don't have the time I guess to listen . Then he decides he knows what is best despite years of you dealing with your mental illness , and prescribes some brand new right out the lab medication that only increases my problem ... It was clear that he is being paid to market this med to his patients ... He has all kinds of hand outs about it , probably a mouse pad and pen somewhere too ! I don't want to be a guiniea pig so you can get paid by big pharm dr ... Give me my meds I been on that kept me stabilized for years

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I had one appointment with Dr. Deguzman. I was caught off guard by his obnoxious and offensive manner. I left him feeling shaken and disturbed. Individuals whose confidence is worn down by their mental health challenges may not be in a position to recognize that they are being disrespected, and when it is so difficult to find a psychiatrist to accept a new patient, they settle for mistreatment at the hands of one like this. If at all possible, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Rude and wouldn't even listen as I explained how I was feeling. Just rushes you in and out to collect $. I'll never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

PLEASE BEWARE THIS MAN. Patients and mental health professionals have heard HORROR STORIES of this man. One pro I talked to said that she hates to have to send her clients to him. He seems to dislike women. A friend of mine was scolded and screamed at by him when she misunderstood his directions because of her learning disability. He seemed to become increasingly incensed when she couldn't understand his accent. He became angrier when she expressed doubt over proposed treatment and tried to restrict her rights. She left the appointment scared and never went back. I was seen by him when I was in Ephrata Hospital's psych ward. He cracked jokes about my weight and the health issues that ensued by my suicide attempt. if he was a veterinarian, I wouldn't even take my dog to him. Please do not take delicate patients and children to this man, I beg you!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013