Ratings for Dr. Charles R. Bice

Steer clear of his office. Not only is he a "bum" doctor, but there is a lot of turnover in his staff which signifies poor service and unpleasant working conditions.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

This doctor said I needed blepharoplasty because of my peripheral vision. He performed the operation and botched it the first time in January and did it over a month later. The first time he failed to numb me but I was immobilized so much otherwise during the operation that I could not relate that I was feeling the painful surgery (very much.) I had sooo much pain afterward, too. My eyelids did not match afterwards so he redid it all a month later, this time with numbing. It didn't help - my eyes now look freakish and my lids look so much worse and my eyesight is much more hindered than before. I can't even open my eyes up very well anymore. I feel so embarrassed at my appearance. Back then I didn't know I could get another dr. opinion under my insurance.. I sure with I had. I would never recommend this dr. to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

Was told if I would have implants when I had cataract surgery that I would not have to wear glasses!! He went into left eye twice, something I didn't understand then and still don't understand. I have extremely dry eyes, was advised to use Restasis and it does not help if they tear ducts are plugged Dr Bice did that, too. I quit using Restasis!! Would never use him again and he has lost lots of patients because he messed up my vision.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Unsuccessful cataract surgery and no retribution. Many people having same problem.DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR? if he can be called that.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Paid cash because Secure Horizons would not pay for implants with cataract surgery. Surgery wasnt successful. Would not recommend his services to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Had cataract surgery with implants which were supposed to eliminate glasses. Did not work!! Had been a patient for years, but he made a boo-boo and wouldn't admit it. Told me on my last visit about conditions that hadn't been discussed before. Didn't tell me what my vision was, told me to go to a "Dollar Store" and get reading glasses. Loss of confidence in a doctor is not a good thing and this is what has happened. Heretofore, I would have referred all my friends to him, but not anymore.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Charles R. Bice's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1973)

Workers Comp