Ratings for Dr. Sara W. Lyons

Dr Lyons oversaw my pregnancy from day one, and it was an amazing experience from first visit to delivery! She was not only knowledgable, but extremely patient with me. She answered every question and concern that I had, she was thoughtful and sincere, and I felt like she left no stone unturned! I was extremely nervous towards the end of my pregnancy, and she quashed all my first time mom fears. During my delivery, she went above and beyond my expectations! I had a few complications; fever, babies heart rate accelerated, baby sunny side up, and during all of these issues, she remained calm and focused. I really wanted to have a vaginal birth, and she exhausted every option to try and stick to my birth plan. She did everything in her power to make sure I did everything to try and make my birth plan a reality! When it was evident that a C Section was the only option, she was calm and made me feel like I had done an amazing job up to that point! My baby is amazing, her follow up, perfect.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Lyons with my latest pregnancy. I had a WONDERFUL experience! Dr. Lyons was always on time, very helpful, and an amazing physician! I always felt at ease with her and she made sure that all of my questions were answered. After a great pregnancy, I chose Dr. Lyons to do my C-Section. It couldn't have gone better! This was my first experience with a C-Section and I was terrified. Not only did she show me videos of c-sections before mine, she talked me through them so that I would feel more at ease. She spent lots of time with me, making sure I was ready. The c-section was great, Dr. Lyons was amazing, and I would go back to her in a heartbeat!! GREAT DOCTOR!!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Learn from my experience! First pregnancy went fine, but my daughter practically delivered herself. 2nd pregnancy miscarried at 18 weeks due to virus and due to Dr. Lyons lack of knowledge and expertise had to undergo THREE D&Cs to remedy the problem - the first was performed WITHOUT the use of anesthesia (or even an offer of anesthesia -something I later learned from other doctors and nurses is not at all common practice. First was not successful, 7 weeks later began to hemmorhage and had to go to the ER. Dr. Lyons performed a 2nd D&C with anesthesia and punctured my uterus (something that happens less than 1% of the time!) She performed a laproscopy and DIDN'T even finish the D&C! Worst, she never talked to me after the surgery-I went home imagining the worst, not understanding why I had an incision, which, was cowardly. It was clear after this she didn't know how to deal with my situation, so I saw a fertility specialist and had ANOTHER D&C. I wouldn't trust her with my pregnancy

Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Sara W. Lyons's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan