Ratings for Dr. Jennifer A. Bates

Dr. Bates has provided my family with ob/gyn and pediatric care for the last 3 years . She is the best doctor I've ever had. She is a delight to visit with and is always so friendly even on what has been a chaotic day. She finds ways to relate to me and my children and shares personal stories of her own (she's so patient and sweet with my kids) and she really takes her time to connect on all levels by listening, understanding, thoroughly explaining, and delivering her knowledgable advice. I cannot say enough good things about her, she is one of the best and I am so thankful for her amazing care. I would recommend her to anyone, if it weren't for the perpetually ill-mannered and unprofessional receptionist at Ferndale Family Medical and the countless hour+ wait times I've had to endure (with young children). This clinic is habitually overbooked and the receptionist is always acting stressed out and inconvenienced with anyone who talks to her or walks through the door. There isn't one time in my 30+ visits where she has treated me in a polite manner. She once snapped at me, saying I wouldn't be seen for my appointment because I was late. I was actually right on time, stuck in a long line to her desk that she wasn't sitting at. I had gotten used to the usual cold greeting or rather shove off of "Um yeah, I'll be just a moment." with a wave of her hand. Though, it became clear to me during our last visit that things at this clinic were not by any means improving and enough was enough - we had to move on. We will dearly miss Dr. Bates.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I have been with Dr. Bates for almost 8 years and I find her to be easy to talk to, compassionate and thorough. I trust her completely to have my best interest and health as her number one priority. Highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Jennifer A. Bates's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• BCBS Florida