Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey J. Mcdonald

I have EDS, a condition that causes severe chronic pain. Dr. Mcdonald told me I didn't deserve to be in pain, so he prescribed me extended release morphine. He had me come back once a month for 2 months, then after that told me I could be on it long term, so problems. Every month I called in a refill with no issues, until one month he just said no more. He said he wanted another appointment first, but he would be out of the office for 3 weeks. Anyone who knows anything about morphine knows you don't quit cold turkey. It can be dangerous after being on it for almost a year. This isn't the first thing that dr. Mcdonald has done like this to me, but this is the biggest. He refused to give me more medication in the mean time. He could have at least let me know he wanted to see me again before he just quit treating me, and he had told me I wouldn't need any more follow up appointments. He is never in the office or available, and doesn't care how uncomfortable his patients are.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey J. Mcdonald's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Unicare