Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Pannunzio

I had a great experience with Doctor Pannunzio. I was seen quick, went to surgery quickly, and was back in working order in a week and a half. I broke my arm badly. I have 10 screws and a plate in my right wrist. I had no pain at all, after surgery or since then. I was using my hand a week later. I am amazed I had a functioning hand that quickly. It took 5-6 weeks for my strengthen to return, but I was able to write. Thank you Dr. Pannunzio.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I was so very fortunate to have Dr Pannunzio in the ER when I arrived after accidentally cutting my thumb on a table saw. I had no idea how bad it was, but when Dr Pannunzio & Dr Smith (the ER Doc) looked at it, the initial diagnosis was the damage was so severe that I would have to have it amputated at the knuckle. Being prepared for the worst I was not surprised,a and began to mentally prepare for the inevitable. However, Dr Pannunzio took more time with it and after conferring with the ER doc determined it was worth it to see if they could save it. At that point it was loosely stitched back together with instructions to see Dr. Pannunzio in a week. At that visit the healing had progressed enough that his staff took measures towards helping the healing with a thumb guard and care instructions. Once it was recovered enough l had surgery to repair as much damage as possible, along with removing scar tissue. The surgery was very relaxed and his team was fabulous. Although I was not quite prepared for the "weekend at Bernie's" numbness in my arm LOL! But it did add a little humor to my recovery. :-) So, not quite 3 months after my accident I have a complete thumb with minimal scarring and more function than I thought would be possible. So my thanks to Dr Pannunzio and his team for helping facilitate the best possible outcome! Turns out a number of people I know have also been treated by him and all would recommend him, as would I! Thanks to his taking the time and going the extra mile I still have a functioning thumb!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

First off his nurse Melissa is one of the rudest people I have ever come across. Secondly Dr. Pannunzio has a terrible bedside manner. I had a blood clot in my hand where Dr. Pannunzio and another surgeon were able to remove it and also harvest a vein from my forearm to put into my hand. My hand incision looks straight and completely normal and healed great. The doctor did not explain exactly how big the forearm incision was going to be and also it is about twice the size of the hand incision. Also the forearm incision looks like a U shape and the doctor said that is because he followed the vein. Well the hand one looks straight and they were messing with a vein also. I had my surgery done on a Thursday and by Tuesday they took out my stiches... even against me arguing that it felt too early for a 10 inch incision's stiches to come out. Fast forward to a week and I have had an infection now and two rounds of antibiotics. I am 26 days post surgery and in the middle of the forearm there is a two inch place that is just not healing right at all. My family doctor says it's because the surgeon removed the stiches too fast. PLEASE STAY AWAY from this surgeon. I wish I had read the reviews in the first place. The earlier review on this site talked about his nurse.... that is Melissa I am positive. Now I have to consult with another surgeon to fix his mistake.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Pannunzio failed to be proactive in my care which prolonged my treatment. His failure to respond to my concerns for almost 2 months resulted in additional surgery, invasive procedures, and OT. It more than doubled my expected recovery time. Instead of listening to my concern, he became defensive and condescending. Office staff were friendly and helpful; however, his nurse was not. She failed to provide me with pertinent information regarding procedures then placed blame on me. Medical notes written by both Dr. Pannunzio & his nurse are full of errors, omissions, & inconsistencies.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Michael E. Pannunzio's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)