Ratings for Dr. W. Lee MacKewiz

Excellent doctor and staff. Extremely clean and professional. Thorough eye exam. You only have one set of eyes. I want a great eye doctor, I have enough friends! Dr. MacKewiz is very clean, neat, professional and thorough. Staff is extremely patient and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Had an emergency eye problem and they took me in right away. The Dr. examined and treated my eye, flushed it out and gave me eye drops to take home. Dr. was efficient and answered all of my questions. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Would recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Do yourself huge favor and go elsewhere. He has no bedside manner whatsoever. He made me feel very uncomfortable. To top it off he told me my prescription was wrong (I have since had it verified by another doctor that it is correct). I believe he did it just to make me feel like other doctors were incompetent to dupe me into staying there. His staff is not much better. There were a few friendly ones, but also a weird ones that instead of saying "please sit up straight", or "please place your feet flat" (which by the way NO other office has had me do) she tells you to sit down and then says "uncross your legs". The whole experience was odd and uncomfortable and I will never go back.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

After a few visits at another eye specialist, I was recommended to Dr. MacKewiz by a family friend. Over the course of a few visits, I will not go to any other Optometrist. From the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted with friendly smiles from the staff and seen on time. During the appointments themselves, Dr. MacKewiz is sure to thoroughly understand your situation and not treat you with a generic diagnosis. Another great part of my visits was choosing new sunglasses that fit my different needs. With the great selection of designer brands, I was able to choose a few new pairs. The staff has great knowledge on explaining the difference between polarized, anti reflective, etc.. Will continue to go here for my annual eye exams and support Dr. MacKewiz

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Being the parent of a child with learning disabilities, I have seen many doctors and specialists. I called the office for a routine eye exam for my son who is getting older and wanted a great pair of glasses. I've heard the selection of frames was incredible for a a private office, not a chain. I was able to make an appointment rather quickly. The girl answering and scheduling my appointment was very friendly, warm and accommodating when I explained the urgency. I came in the next day only to be greeted by a very friendly staff. My paperwork had been completed ahead of time off of their beautiful and informative website. We went back rather quickly where the knowledgeable staff took our history and concerns. She was very quick and thorough. The doctor came in very shortly, greeted us and examined his eyes. He was very good and patient with my son who stutters and was very nervous. He answered all of our questions and I felt very confident trusting my sons eyes in his care. I did choose to have his eyes dilated which I knew would take about a half hour for them to dilate but I knew the doctor would thoroughly examine and flag any issues if more comprehensive. They did have a video on in the room before the doctor came in which did take the edge of nervousness off of my son! While being dilated we were able to browse the boutique of frames and start our selection. The staff again was wonderful and knowledgeable! My son ended up with a pair of transition glasses. I even got a great pair of sunglasses! A very good day at Bear Eye!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

I have never waited so long to see a dr, and once seen no apology or acknowledgment of how long I had to sit and wait for him. He has absolutely no personality and I would never go back!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Be prepared to wait at LEAST 30-45 minutes to actually be seen. The staff tries to be helpful but is constantly being interrupted by the doctor so that the intake procedure is disjointed. The doctor is extremely abrupt and barely said hello when he entered the room. After examining my teenager he wrote a glasses Rx that was entirely too weak, half the strength of the existing Rx from a previous doctor. After returning for another exam, he said my teen's answers were "inconsistent" and that he would just write the same Rx that we originally had. He insisted that my teen "try" to read the eye chart even after being told it was one big blur. The doctor was rude and completely unprofessional. Don't waste your time and don't risk your child's eyes going to this quack!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

The staff was terrible. I was ignored, no care for customer service whatsoever. What should have been a simple task of picking up my eye glasses ended being a terrible experience. When I went to pick up my glasses, the employee advised me to try them on. I did. She then asked me if they needed adjustmnent. I replied yes because they felt a little loose. She said okay and walked away. I thought she would be right back with the tools or something to make the adjustment. Instead I sat there for 10-15 minutes waiting, waiting and waiting. All along other employees walked behind me ignoring me. I glanced over to the front desk a couple of times and there were at least two employees sitting there not waiting on any patients and from what I can see, not really doing anything. I got up and walked out. Only then did they try to apologized. Yes I could have said something while I was waiting but that's not the point. Customer service is the point or in this case, lack there of.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

He is the most thorough optometrist i have EVER seen. His staff is very friendly and helpful. It seems to be very family oriented. The frame selection is so amazing... All the latest styles, low prices and designer, too!! i would recommend this dr to anyone!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. W. Lee MacKewiz's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1984)

HealthFirst