Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Cefalu

I have been a patient of Dr Cefalu for almost ten years and I have always found him to be excellent: Takes his time with you, listens attentively and doesn't draw pre-mature conclusions. Additionally, he has called me at home at night several times to check on my condition.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Cefalu for years. I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to the Dr, and he always makes me feel at ease. He takes his time, makes sure I understand the problems, and generally cares for his patients. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Spent almost an hour with me! Went over every problem I had, referred me out for other tests. Did not act like he was in a hurry. Very nice and kind.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. was more interested in prescribing drugs than addressing underlying medical condition. Office did not know how to handle HSA account.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

I agree with some of the comments above. Dr. Cefalu was very unhelpful when I saw him on two occasions and was rather rude also. I had been experiencing headaches and they were bothering me alot and he just acted as if it was nothing, didn't investigate it any further, and when I told him my symptoms, he acted as if I was crazy!! Very funky attitude; all of those considering him, please beware. The hospital that he is based at is Franklin Regional, in Louisburg, which is known for having horrible doctors!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

If you are looking for a rude, sarcastic, military type that barks at you instead of talking to you then this doctor is for you. Will never see him again, I'll die first!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr Cefalu is my personal Doctor and he is outstanding. People that go to him for Neuro problems or dermotology problems, he is not a Neurologist or a Dermotologist. His practice is general medicine. He is honest if he doesnt know.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

My husband and I both went to Dr Cefalu a couple of times. We are new to area and looking for a doctor. We will keep looking. Dr. blew off potential serious symptoms I was having on both occasions with flippant, sarcastic remarks that apparently he thought was funny. He was more interested in talking about himself or shooting the breeze with my husband and then charging us for an extended visit. We left with no help or diagnosis. Had to get sent to a neurologist through my orthopedic surgeon who actually recognized symptoms of possible MS. My neighbor actually went to him too and left with no diagnosis or referral for a large growth on his foot. He had to go to a different doctor for referral to dermatologist. I would not recommend this doctor. No doctor should say "I have no idea" and then let it go or make sarcastic remarks about your body parts or condition.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

This Doc listens to the Pt. incourages questions and cares for his patienys in a professional and caring way. Very Pleased!The staff is always welcoming and never a problem with blood draw, or setting up appt. My parents are elderly and he takes the time to make sure they understood him and so do his nurses.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2007