You may also like

Rate Dr. Patrick L. Blohm

Dr. Patrick L. Blohm's Ratings

When my husband and I were first referred to Dr. Blohm, we heard some stories that made us nervous. The first meeting, he was very matter of fact and told us exactly what his thoughts were on our past treatment, and his recommendations. He gave us options and space to make our own decisions. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor, but his bedside manner is not awful by any means. If you are looking for a doctor who is going to hold your hand and cry with you, Dr. Blohm is not your man. If you want results and straight-forward answers, then you are coming to the right guy. I am confident in him and his results, which are higher than the national average. After trying to have a baby for 7+ years, I know we are on the right track with Dr. Blohm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2858803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I have been a paiten of Dr. Blohms since 2013. I just completed my 3rd round of IVF at 39. I have watched over the last several years the dedication of him and his staff. He runs a very busy practice and literally works 7 days a week. As a business owner myself, it's really upsetting to see the ugly comments because most have no idea the challenges and sacrifices to run a 7 day a week operation hands on. He's not here to deal with you're emotional issues of infertility or baby anyone. I got pregnant both times and unfortunately did not stay pregnant. Yes he can be dry and talk fast but highly intelligent people are that way. He's grown on me and is personable once you get to know him but that's me being a patient for over 2 years. Hopefully you will have success and not be around that long as a patient. Dr. Blohms reputation for results speaks for itself wether you like him or not. If you go in thinking because you are owed something because your paying for his services, your wrong. I can say from my observations that no one means to be rude and if anyone comes across short it's only because they have many patients and all of them in different stages. In the end, he is not God, not perfect as none of us are. You have to have a level of trust in the professional and that he is. If you think this is a bogus post like some other rude comments have been made message me and I have no problem sharing my experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2845077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

This doctor has the worst bedside manners, the office staff are not friendly. To my husband and I, it's like he's all about getting paid and doesn't know what he's talking about. He made it seem like my OB/GYN was wrong and didn't know what she was doing, which it fact she did. He was the wrong one. We were warned about him prior to sending our appointment, the only reason we decided to still go to him was because insurance. I would not recommend Dr. Blohm to anyone!?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I have been treated by Dr. Blohm for five months now, and am preparing for my first IVF cycle. I have found Dr. Blohm to be very dedicated, efficient, & knowledgable. Is he the type of MD that will hold your hand & cry with you for 20 minutes? No. But that's not what I'm there for; I'm there for his knowledge, skill, & experience. Also, the staff has always been really nice to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Blohm for several years. At first, I was very very turned off by his dry manor and emotionless attitude, but after years of treatments and eventually success, I saw him for what he really is. His pure joy and compassion for his job came through at THAT moment. He has dedicated his life to a medical avenue that sees a lot of failure and that has to take a toll. But after getting to know him and his staff - he genuinely has devoted his life, his family and his faith into his practice.
Bottom line, excellent knowledge, an absolute realist, he is really a terrific Dr. While he could use a softer first impression, and staff (front desk staff) could use fine tuning, I would recommend him - and have - to friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2778773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

DR. Blhom, regardless of all the negative reviews, is an over all good doctor. Don't get me wrong his bed side manner isn't the best but his job isnt to be your new best friend it is to get you pregnant. He was very straight forward with us and very knowledgeable. We did one round of IVF with him and got pregnant on the first round. His staff was amazing and always there when I had questions and concernes. I will def be returning to him for another round of IVF in a couple years.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2705822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Dr. Blohm, all I can tell you is that you are not God. God placed you in Savannah to help people but you and your staff horrible abrupt manner will eventually get to God’s ear and He surely will take away the healing an helping gift away from you.
Treat people right regardless of their origination, culture and orientation. You were not born a Doctor; God made you a doctor, so do people right. God bless you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2681731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Originally, I would have given Dr. Blohm 5 stars. Many people don't like his abrupt manner, but that doesn't bother me. As long as a doctor does his job well, I don't care how brash he is. What I do care about is stealing money. This man took money from us for no reason. I started seeing him in 2013. He did a wonderful job of going over all our records from my OBGYN. He had several recommendations and said we should start rounds of IUI right away. So we did several tests. He told us they had all come back normal and the first IUI was scheduled. I pumped myself full of hormones and went to his office every other day or so for an ultrasound. We were so excited! We paid out of pocket for all of this which totaled about $5000. The first IUI didn't work. After several attempts to schedule a second one and him taking time off work (it was the holidays, but come on! Two months is a long time to put your life on hold), I decided to get a second opinion. This is when I transferred our records to Stephanie Singleton in Charleston (who is amazing!! She has staff in Savannah, too). She immediately looked at our records and saw the problem. I won't go into detail here, but I can even see the test results (now that I have the records) where it clearly shows we have NO chance of becoming pregnant on our own. None. Zero. Rounds of IUIs are completely pointless in our case. IVF is the only option if we want to conceive naturally. We decided we had always wanted to adopt, and that was just the push we needed. Let me be clear: I WOULD ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!! If you would like to know more, please PM me. I will be glad to tell you of the many, many professionals in his field and the family law field who would not recommend him at all.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2633153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

My husband and I was referred to Dr. Blohm by my OBGYN. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had with a Dr. and staff!!! He and his staff are very rude. They treat as if they are doing you a huge favor. Frankly, it affected us so much I am not sure if I even want to try to get pregnant if I have to use their services!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609262].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Looks like he deletes all negative reviews. I think it is important to state that this doctor should not be in practice. He makes sexist, disrespectful, and inconsiderate comments to patients. He should have found my problem right away as it was an underactive thyroid that caused me not to get pregnant. I left Blohm and another doctor found it within a month. I saw Dr. Blohm as an over 40 woman for a year and a half. Why did not he not test my thyroid? To make money off of unnecessary procedures? I went through1 cycle of natural insemination and two cycles of Follestim and insemination. None of this worked. I ended up with an ectopic pregnancy one month and the other ones did not work. In the end I got pregnant naturally at 42 a month after beginning synthroid. Blohm really wasted my time by not considering the thyroid as a possible problem and he and his staff were actually very combative, uncompassionate and ugly. I woud never recommend him in this lifetime to anyone. It was one the of the singular most negative experiences I have ever been through. I don't know how he is still in business.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2584088].votes_count ]]