Ratings for Dr. Kornelis Poelstra

Looked for several months for a good spine surgeon and after seeing various doctors who said they couldn’t help me Dr Poelstra took my case without a problem . His PA reviewed my MRI explained the entire procedure and what to expect before and after surgery. Everyone in the office was very professional. Dr Poelstra is very professional and knowledgeable. He is very personable and takes time to the patient. In fact, my surgery was so successful that I was able to walk out of the hospital a few hours after surgery. Everyone in Sacred Heart Hospital was also very professional and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Poelstra for spine surgery.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr. Poelstra, John and staff have been treating me for a C3, C4 herniation since May 2016. The entire staff are nothing short of amazing. I will be having an ACDF surgery in November 2017 and fully trust in Dr. Poelstra's capabilities and would want no one else performing the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Cannot fault Dr. Poestra in surgery and he is incredibly nice. Surgery did not do as hoped and more pain now than prior surgery. I also have problem with doctor chosen to open and close in surgery. Major ab bulge, (muscles not put back in place, hernia?) I do not know. Office won't answer my e-mails leaving me to think they do not care after receiving my money for services done.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I definitely but I have no other doctor do any surgery on my neck or spine he is absolutely awesome

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

He was beyond wonderful! I was only 30 when I learned that I needed a spinal fusion, and working in the healthcare field I knew I needed to find someone who truly knew what they were doing and Dr. Poelstra was the obvious choice. He was warm and caring the first time I met him and he had a great bedside personality, but more importantly, he knew what he was doing and has a good success rate for the surgery I needed. His staff was wonderful and accommodating! Can't recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I suffered a combat injury about 2 1/2 years ago and as a result I have had a herniated disc in my lower back since then. The pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't sleep, it was effecting my work and I couldn't play with my kids. I was referred to Dr. Poelstra with it already set in my mind that I wanted surgery. Dr. Poelstra explained to me in detail what the surgery would entail and what to expect from the recovery. A few weeks later I went in for the surgery and when I woke up about 45 minutes later the pain was completely gone and strength had returned to my leg. After about a week the pain from the surgery was almost gone. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Poelstra and his recommendation and my decision to have surgery. I can't thank him and his team enough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr. Poelstra and his wonderful, caring staff were first class from start to finish. I am know 4 months out from an anterior & posterior lumbar fusion revision surgery and could not be more pleased. Thank You Dr. Poelstra for giving me quality of life back.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

After surgeries from 3 different surgeons I underwent a 4th procedure by Dr. Poelstra. This was by far the best surgical experience. From the office staff to the hospital staff each person was competent, professional and compassionate. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Dr. Poelstra and his staff, PA Rachael , have been amazing! They are very informative! I've had 3 surgeries by this Dr. , not because of him but because of my spine. AMAZING results every time. Would reccomend him to everyone! !

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I cannot thank Dr. Poelstra and his team enough for eliminating the severe pain in my left leg caused by the sciatica nerve. I litterly went from jogging, swimming & biking everyday to not being able to walk more than 50 feet! It has been approximately 60 days since the surgery and my left leg is completely pain free! I still have a little soreness in my lower back from the surgery, but that is improving everyday and I expect it to be completely gone in another month or so. I have also started swimming and bicycle riding again and expect to be jogging again very soon Thanks to Dr. Poelstra & his Team!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016