Ratings for Dr. Kornelis Poelstra

Do not use this surgeon, patient beware, you have been warned. He is your best friend when treating you before surgery, but after he has collected tens of thousands of dollars and your surgery failed, he will do anything to get rid of you. He lies on his reports, claims you are doing great and recovering wonderfully, even when you claim you arent. He then uses the unethical addiction card, claiming he feels you are falling into an addiction and then will discharge you. Its the never ending scam surgeons around the country use to protect themselves when they fail and screw up your back and your life. His hardware failed and i had to have a fusion reversal with a multi level to repair his mistakes. He refuses to accept fault and instead will lie on reports you need to file your disability claim. There is so much more i can report, but the more i sit here and type, the angrier i get. All i can tell you again, is please, please stay away from his practise, he will destroy your life and wont think twice about it.

Submitted March 10, 2013

After suffering from debilitating lower back pain for 8 years and having tried physical therapy, injections, and acupuncture with poor results, I became aware of Dr. Poelstra through numerous friends & associates. His reputation for consistently outstanding surgical results and for his caring and compassionate approach toward all of his patients persuaded me to set up an appointment. I was particularly impressed with his willingness to devote so much time explaining the nature of my problem and the surgical solution he proposed. I underwent extensive lumbar surgery 5 weeks ago and am well on my way to complete recovery. Just as Dr. Poelstra predicted, I was up walking one day after surgery! On all subsequent appointments, I have found Dr Poelstra's entire staff to be caring, competent, and patient-focused. Of particular note are Dr Lori Kellogg Poelstra, who is also an accomplished spine surgeon and pain management specialist, and John Needler, his PA for 5+ years. Outstanding team!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Dr. Poelstra has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever known. My husband recently had a spinal fusion performed by Dr. Poelstra. Dr. Poelstra explained everything to both my husband and myself before the surgery and answered all of our questions. He made us feel confident that the surgery would be a success. Dr. Poelstra displays excitement and confidence about his work and the health benefits he can give the patient, but he is never arrogant. His excitement spills over to the patient and family. He seems like a perfectionist who really loves his work. He’s very friendly to both the patient and the family and wants to make sure that you understand everything. I would highly recommend Dr. Poelstra to anyone needing his services. My husband’s surgery was 5 weeks ago, and he’s doing very well.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Excellent experience all around. Doctor Poelstra took his time and sat down to explain in normal language what my problem was and I finally got all my questions answered... Surgery was a great success and Jon, his PA, is wonderful too! Best care I have ever received from a physician, and Dr. Poestra's surgical skills are highly recommended! Thank you very much!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Wow! Excellent staff and wonderful compassionate physician. Felt very well respected and treated dito. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012