Ratings for Dr. Kornelis Poelstra

Dr. Poelstra and his staff are amazing. From my first appointment with him to discuss options through my first follow-up appointment (2 weeks after surgery) he was fantastic. I've had low back pain for as long as I can remember. After years of pain management shots, I finally decided to have surgery. I am so glad I found Dr. Poelstra. His minimally invasive approach to fusion surgery is exactly what I was looking for. In my case, Dr. Poelstra performed an Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Posterior Spinal Fusion (L5-S1). It's only been 2-weeks since my surgery and I feel great. I feel like I am on the road to a full/long term recovery. I can't thank Dr. Poelstra and his staff enough. Mypersonal experience with Dr. Poelstra has been everything I hoped for after making the decision to have surgery. I highly recommend anyone considering spinal surgery to talk with Dr. Poelstra before you make that critical decision. You won't be sorry you did.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I waited 42 years to have back surgery because I didn't expect I would get good results. But finally, I was in excruciating pain and went to the ER. In spite of a full operating schedule, Dr. Poelstra performed surgery on three disks on my back within twenty four hours. I am back to swimming vigorously for thirty minutes a day.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This doctor knows what he is doing! He gave me an outstanding surgical result and I love his Happy Office staff. Very curtious, helpful and excellent knowledge. Pleasure to go there!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Polestra did my two surgeries in March and June of 2012..The surgeries were a success, however, I am now having problems again. I did have another disc that was bulging and some stenosis, but nothing that needed attention at the time..I just made another appointment with him and feel that I am in good hands when being cared for by him. I know ill have back problems the rest of my life and Dr. Polestra will be the one working on me.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been treated like a second class citizen since my back surgery which still having pain. Call no calls back. Why I do not know will not refer to pain Dr. That takes my insurance. I am not doing injections after injection. I am having one coming up they are no fun. After back all titanium in lower spine. I have become angry now. His nurse is rude when she does return call. I have either had a fail there is just something not right. They do not live in my body to know how I feel. And it hurts. I am better yes but still have pain. Why is my question?????

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Words can not express my gratitude for Dr. Poelstra and his staff. Prior to my back surgery, I was in an extreme amount of pain for several months, to the point of barely being able to dress myself or drive. After surgery I could tell immediate, drastic improvements. Since the surgery site has healed, which only took a short time, I have been essentially pain free. I no longer need any pain medication and hiked over five miles today. I can not imagine having to face the pain I was in before and will be eternally grateful for this wonderful gift of having quality of life once again. Dr. Poelstra, Jon, and the entire staff, I will be forever thankful for you and the great work you do!!! Shannon E.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Poelstra has got to be one of the best in his field, bar none. I recommend him to anyone with a spine problem. He is kind and understanding not to mention a very gifted surgeon. I have had two previous spinal surgeries, unfortunately after my second surgery I was in no better shape than before the surgery. I lived in extreme pain for over a decade before our paths crossed and boy am I glad they did. After several tests and procedures he determined that I was in need of a multi level fusion from L3-L4-L5-S1. He and his highly competent staff did for me what I think few are capable of and I have nothing but praise for them. My surgery was less than two months ago and I am in less pain now than I have been in over 12 years. On a scale of 1-10, he rates a 20. I can not begin to give he and his staff enough thanks for the quality of life they have given me. Believe me when I say "If you have a spinal problem, he is the man to see. "

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Poelstra is absolutely the best orthopedic surgeon! I have spent the last 5 years dealing with an L4-L5 problem. I first went to another orthopedist who performed first a laminectomy and then 4 years later a fusion. The fusion left me in just as much pain as before the surgery, but my doctor said that I wouldn't take the pain to my grave. So I found a neurosurgeon. Everyone says don't use an ortho guy, use a neuro guy. I gave him 2 chances to "fix" me. Then I found Dr. Poelstra - what a godsend! He is amazing! He actually listens and takes even the tiniest bit of info that you can give to determine how to make you well. After a total revision, I am painfree! He can change your world!!!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I have lived with severe back pain for ten years. No pain or nerve medication could relieve that pain. I was then referred to the Spine Institute on the Emerald Coast. After meeting with the PA-C, Jonathan Needler, and Dr. Kornelis Poelstra; they told me that they could fix my back. The operation was a success and I am now a new man. In my opinion, Dr. Poelstra can perform miracles. I had no quality in life before. Thanks to Dr. Poelstra, the Spine Institute, and all of the wonderful staff, I now live without pain.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I am 55 year old male. I herniated the L5-S1 disc. Went to the chiropractor, family dr., pain management and nothing helped. I was not able to walk over 100' the pain was so bad. Made an apt. with Dr. Poelstra, it took a couple of weeks to get in. He informed me of the problem and that there were two disc that were herniated, but the one would not get better without surgery. Surgery was scheduled within a week. I walked out of the hospital, pain free. The surgery has now been about four weeks ago and I am getting stronger. Will see the DR. in three more weeks and hopefully be back to doing all the things I enjoy. Not only is the doctor courteous, but all the staff is as well. The PA was very helpful in explaining things and giving information.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014