Ratings for Dr. Kornelis Poelstra

I appreciate the attention and compassion from Dr. Poelstra and PA Jon Needler. I am a young mother that faced a trauma and lived with the pain for 6 years. I took no pain medications nor any therapies. Dr. Poelstra was very optimistic about my success with a spinal fusion. I felt at ease with their knowledge and work ethic. I since am 3 months post op and totally fused. I have zero pain and have regained all the functionality in my left extremities. This has given mine and my family's quality of life a new lease. I have just about full range of motion as it continues to get better with time. I also do not require the use of pain medications in any capacity. I could not be happier. I am able to live an active lifestyle with my 6 year old son who has noticed a difference in mommy's ability to run, jump, and play more with him. Thank you Dr. Poelstra and your team for everything you are able to do.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Poelstra and his staff are awesome!! I was diagnosed and had surgery within 2 months. I am 8 weeks post surgery and am back to running and working out with no pain!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Poelstra was the only surgeon in North West Florida that would operate on my back. I was referred by a pain management doctor to see if Dr. Poelstra would see me concerning my back after 4 previous back surgeries. My first appointment with Dr. Poelstra was very positive and he stated that he could straighten out my spine and reduce the serve back pain. I was leading forward in my walk to reduce the serve back pain. As If something was sticking me in the lower back and taking pain meds to reduce the pain. I had virtual no quality of life and limited to walking short distance. Now after the surgery, I have no back pain and walking upright. I have referred several friends to Dr. Poelstra for surgery and they have returned to full duty with no back pain. Dr. Poelstra have change my life from NO quality to QUALITY. Dr. Poelstra and his staff are personal and makes you feel as a family member. I can only say... Dr, Poelstra is the best doctor I have seen in my life span. A "BZ" to Dr. Poelstra and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

When I went to Dr. Poelstra office I was very surprised of the OUTSTANDING services I received b his staff. I was in pain and afraid that I would not be able to walk, run or work anymore however, I went home the same day I had my operation and never looked back. The staff only do their jobs without costing you extra money by not just doing things that is not required as other doctor office. I had my lower 4-5 decompression about two year ago and I have return back to work and deployed without any issues. The best doctor I have every meet and I have been recommending other people to his office. He is the best doctor that I have meet because he explain everything step by step and what his goal is to accomplish by doing his surgery. I went back a few weeks ago because I was losing the feeling in one of my finger and after one visit I am good as new. You are the best, keep up the OUTSTANDING work. Words cannot explain how brilliant he is with his hands.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

I am very pleased with the results from my recent surgery. Dr. Poelstra is fantastic, knowledge and skill seems outstanding, and his optimism and attitude inspires confidence. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone looking for a spine surgeon. Thank You.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I had surgery in my neck between my C5 & C6 and C6 & C7, August of 2014. Dr. Poelstra and his entire tem were absolutely AMAZING!!! Naturedly I was scared when I first heard about needing this done. By the time I was ready to have the Operation, they had explained the procedure and given me all the information I needed to understand what would be going on. Needles to say I was very comfortable the day of the Surgery. If needed, I would certainly have him work on me again! Not enough words to explain how Happy I was when it was all over. They really are the Best!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Words alone cannot express my gratitude for my return to an active lifestyle. I had 2 previous back surgeries that didn't relieve the pain. This team of professionals from first visit to post operative care delivered beyond expectations. I wholeheartedly recommend this team to anyone who is experiencing spinal difficulty. Thank you all.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Poelstra and his staff are amazing. From my first appointment with him to discuss options through my first follow-up appointment (2 weeks after surgery) he was fantastic. I've had low back pain for as long as I can remember. After years of pain management shots, I finally decided to have surgery. I am so glad I found Dr. Poelstra. His minimally invasive approach to fusion surgery is exactly what I was looking for. In my case, Dr. Poelstra performed an Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Posterior Spinal Fusion (L5-S1). It's only been 2-weeks since my surgery and I feel great. I feel like I am on the road to a full/long term recovery. I can't thank Dr. Poelstra and his staff enough. Mypersonal experience with Dr. Poelstra has been everything I hoped for after making the decision to have surgery. I highly recommend anyone considering spinal surgery to talk with Dr. Poelstra before you make that critical decision. You won't be sorry you did.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I waited 42 years to have back surgery because I didn't expect I would get good results. But finally, I was in excruciating pain and went to the ER. In spite of a full operating schedule, Dr. Poelstra performed surgery on three disks on my back within twenty four hours. I am back to swimming vigorously for thirty minutes a day.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This doctor knows what he is doing! He gave me an outstanding surgical result and I love his Happy Office staff. Very curtious, helpful and excellent knowledge. Pleasure to go there!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015