Ratings for Dr. Kornelis Poelstra

When I went to Dr. Poelstra office I was very surprised of the OUTSTANDING services I received b his staff. I was in pain and afraid that I would not be able to walk, run or work anymore however, I went home the same day I had my operation and never looked back. The staff only do their jobs without costing you extra money by not just doing things that is not required as other doctor office. I had my lower 4-5 decompression about two year ago and I have return back to work and deployed without any issues. The best doctor I have every meet and I have been recommending other people to his office. He is the best doctor that I have meet because he explain everything step by step and what his goal is to accomplish by doing his surgery. I went back a few weeks ago because I was losing the feeling in one of my finger and after one visit I am good as new. You are the best, keep up the OUTSTANDING work. Words cannot explain how brilliant he is with his hands.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

I am very pleased with the results from my recent surgery. Dr. Poelstra is fantastic, knowledge and skill seems outstanding, and his optimism and attitude inspires confidence. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone looking for a spine surgeon. Thank You.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I had surgery in my neck between my C5 & C6 and C6 & C7, August of 2014. Dr. Poelstra and his entire tem were absolutely AMAZING!!! Naturedly I was scared when I first heard about needing this done. By the time I was ready to have the Operation, they had explained the procedure and given me all the information I needed to understand what would be going on. Needles to say I was very comfortable the day of the Surgery. If needed, I would certainly have him work on me again! Not enough words to explain how Happy I was when it was all over. They really are the Best!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Words alone cannot express my gratitude for my return to an active lifestyle. I had 2 previous back surgeries that didn't relieve the pain. This team of professionals from first visit to post operative care delivered beyond expectations. I wholeheartedly recommend this team to anyone who is experiencing spinal difficulty. Thank you all.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Poelstra and his staff are amazing. From my first appointment with him to discuss options through my first follow-up appointment (2 weeks after surgery) he was fantastic. I've had low back pain for as long as I can remember. After years of pain management shots, I finally decided to have surgery. I am so glad I found Dr. Poelstra. His minimally invasive approach to fusion surgery is exactly what I was looking for. In my case, Dr. Poelstra performed an Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Posterior Spinal Fusion (L5-S1). It's only been 2-weeks since my surgery and I feel great. I feel like I am on the road to a full/long term recovery. I can't thank Dr. Poelstra and his staff enough. Mypersonal experience with Dr. Poelstra has been everything I hoped for after making the decision to have surgery. I highly recommend anyone considering spinal surgery to talk with Dr. Poelstra before you make that critical decision. You won't be sorry you did.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I waited 42 years to have back surgery because I didn't expect I would get good results. But finally, I was in excruciating pain and went to the ER. In spite of a full operating schedule, Dr. Poelstra performed surgery on three disks on my back within twenty four hours. I am back to swimming vigorously for thirty minutes a day.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This doctor knows what he is doing! He gave me an outstanding surgical result and I love his Happy Office staff. Very curtious, helpful and excellent knowledge. Pleasure to go there!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Polestra did my two surgeries in March and June of 2012..The surgeries were a success, however, I am now having problems again. I did have another disc that was bulging and some stenosis, but nothing that needed attention at the time..I just made another appointment with him and feel that I am in good hands when being cared for by him. I know ill have back problems the rest of my life and Dr. Polestra will be the one working on me.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been treated like a second class citizen since my back surgery which still having pain. Call no calls back. Why I do not know will not refer to pain Dr. That takes my insurance. I am not doing injections after injection. I am having one coming up they are no fun. After back all titanium in lower spine. I have become angry now. His nurse is rude when she does return call. I have either had a fail there is just something not right. They do not live in my body to know how I feel. And it hurts. I am better yes but still have pain. Why is my question?????

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Words can not express my gratitude for Dr. Poelstra and his staff. Prior to my back surgery, I was in an extreme amount of pain for several months, to the point of barely being able to dress myself or drive. After surgery I could tell immediate, drastic improvements. Since the surgery site has healed, which only took a short time, I have been essentially pain free. I no longer need any pain medication and hiked over five miles today. I can not imagine having to face the pain I was in before and will be eternally grateful for this wonderful gift of having quality of life once again. Dr. Poelstra, Jon, and the entire staff, I will be forever thankful for you and the great work you do!!! Shannon E.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015