Ratings for Dr. Kornelis Poelstra

I definitely but I have no other doctor do any surgery on my neck or spine he is absolutely awesome

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

He was beyond wonderful! I was only 30 when I learned that I needed a spinal fusion, and working in the healthcare field I knew I needed to find someone who truly knew what they were doing and Dr. Poelstra was the obvious choice. He was warm and caring the first time I met him and he had a great bedside personality, but more importantly, he knew what he was doing and has a good success rate for the surgery I needed. His staff was wonderful and accommodating! Can't recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I suffered a combat injury about 2 1/2 years ago and as a result I have had a herniated disc in my lower back since then. The pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't sleep, it was effecting my work and I couldn't play with my kids. I was referred to Dr. Poelstra with it already set in my mind that I wanted surgery. Dr. Poelstra explained to me in detail what the surgery would entail and what to expect from the recovery. A few weeks later I went in for the surgery and when I woke up about 45 minutes later the pain was completely gone and strength had returned to my leg. After about a week the pain from the surgery was almost gone. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Poelstra and his recommendation and my decision to have surgery. I can't thank him and his team enough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr. Poelstra and his wonderful, caring staff were first class from start to finish. I am know 4 months out from an anterior & posterior lumbar fusion revision surgery and could not be more pleased. Thank You Dr. Poelstra for giving me quality of life back.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

After surgeries from 3 different surgeons I underwent a 4th procedure by Dr. Poelstra. This was by far the best surgical experience. From the office staff to the hospital staff each person was competent, professional and compassionate. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Dr. Poelstra and his staff, PA Rachael , have been amazing! They are very informative! I've had 3 surgeries by this Dr. , not because of him but because of my spine. AMAZING results every time. Would reccomend him to everyone! !

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I cannot thank Dr. Poelstra and his team enough for eliminating the severe pain in my left leg caused by the sciatica nerve. I litterly went from jogging, swimming & biking everyday to not being able to walk more than 50 feet! It has been approximately 60 days since the surgery and my left leg is completely pain free! I still have a little soreness in my lower back from the surgery, but that is improving everyday and I expect it to be completely gone in another month or so. I have also started swimming and bicycle riding again and expect to be jogging again very soon Thanks to Dr. Poelstra & his Team!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I appreciate the attention and compassion from Dr. Poelstra and PA Jon Needler. I am a young mother that faced a trauma and lived with the pain for 6 years. I took no pain medications nor any therapies. Dr. Poelstra was very optimistic about my success with a spinal fusion. I felt at ease with their knowledge and work ethic. I since am 3 months post op and totally fused. I have zero pain and have regained all the functionality in my left extremities. This has given mine and my family's quality of life a new lease. I have just about full range of motion as it continues to get better with time. I also do not require the use of pain medications in any capacity. I could not be happier. I am able to live an active lifestyle with my 6 year old son who has noticed a difference in mommy's ability to run, jump, and play more with him. Thank you Dr. Poelstra and your team for everything you are able to do.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Poelstra and his staff are awesome!! I was diagnosed and had surgery within 2 months. I am 8 weeks post surgery and am back to running and working out with no pain!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Poelstra was the only surgeon in North West Florida that would operate on my back. I was referred by a pain management doctor to see if Dr. Poelstra would see me concerning my back after 4 previous back surgeries. My first appointment with Dr. Poelstra was very positive and he stated that he could straighten out my spine and reduce the serve back pain. I was leading forward in my walk to reduce the serve back pain. As If something was sticking me in the lower back and taking pain meds to reduce the pain. I had virtual no quality of life and limited to walking short distance. Now after the surgery, I have no back pain and walking upright. I have referred several friends to Dr. Poelstra for surgery and they have returned to full duty with no back pain. Dr. Poelstra have change my life from NO quality to QUALITY. Dr. Poelstra and his staff are personal and makes you feel as a family member. I can only say... Dr, Poelstra is the best doctor I have seen in my life span. A "BZ" to Dr. Poelstra and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016