Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Hayek

I highly recommend Dr Hayek to anyone. I had my right knee total replacement almost 3 years a go and my left hip replacement will have my right hip done next year. His knowledge is outstanding , great bedside manner just great with the patients, makes you really feel at ease through the entire process. His staff are also wonderful ! Thanks again

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Our family has a 20 year plus relationship with Dr. Hayek. He always takes time to listen and involves the patient in their treatment plan. I recently fractured my foot and surgery was required. He is an excellent surgeon and answered all my questions in easy to understand language. I truly can not say enough about him. He is a kind and caring man who provides excellent care and listens to any concerns you may have.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Hayek is very easy to talk to and did an excellent job on both my hips. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Unbelievably good experience with a left hip replacement. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Excellent, friendly and professional, excellent staff

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I injured my knee in high school football 60 yrs ago. Lived with the pain until I heard about and met Dr Hayak. He performed surgery , I did the rehab and feel great. Back to doing things I haven't been able to do for a very long time.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Due to chronic conditions that started way back in my teens, I can confidently state that I have much experience and insight in regards to doctors. Dr. Hayek is the cream of the crop. Last year he completed a total shoulder replacement for my husband. The outcome was beyond what we expected. We thought for sure he would end up with some sort of limitation. Not at all. My husband's surgery turned out perfect and his strength and range of motion is like nothing ever happened at all. My first impression upon meeting Dr. Hayek at that time was how intelligent he is. He is approachable, honest and knows what he is talking about. Fast forward to this year -it was my turn to visit Dr. Hayek after a vehicle accident that left me with chronic pain, limited motion etc. After moving my arm around a bit, he was able to pinpoint exactly what was wrong. His approach was conservative at first, which I appreciated - he wasn't quick to put me under the knife. We tried shots, PT, etc first but surgery was what I needed to fix the issues. He performed arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder this past March and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I suffer from chronic pain conditions to begin with, so any sort of surgery or trauma is a bit tougher for me than most of the population, but Dr. Hayek and his staff walked with me the whole way and I just completed my last PT treatment yesterday. He is a wonderful surgeon, doctor and person. I've had many doctors in the past who were nothing but dismissive and rushed you out so they can take care of the next patient in their "factory". Dr. Hayek is not like that. He spends time with you, cares about your well being and I am happy I got to know him over the past couple of years. Without question, one of the finest doctors out there.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I had a hip replacement in March and he also used the anterior approach on my surgery and the recovery was amazing. The pain from surgery was minimum and the recovery was basically just rebuilding the strength in my leg muscles. He made sure my quality of life from living with my arthritic hip was at a point where it was a must do operation. I am a tile setter and i was back to work in 9 weeks( but he did want me to take another 3 weeks off) . I am 100% happy with my new hip and it feels great to feel normal again.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Hayek. He is knowledgeable, efficient, and does the anterior approach for hip replacement, which a lot of doctors don't perform. He is an excellent surgeon and his an asset to the Res organization. He is your go to guy

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Delayed having hip replacement for fear of extended recovery period. Dr. Hayek proved my fears unfounded as he performed the hip replacement via the anterior (front) method which proved to be minimally invasive with little pain and quick recovery period. I would certainly recommend the procedure and Dr, Hayek to anyone needing a hip replacement.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Richard J. Hayek's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)

Capital Blue Cross