Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Hayek

Dr. Hayek is very easy to talk to and did an excellent job on both my hips. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Unbelievably good experience with a left hip replacement. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Excellent, friendly and professional, excellent staff

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I injured my knee in high school football 60 yrs ago. Lived with the pain until I heard about and met Dr Hayak. He performed surgery , I did the rehab and feel great. Back to doing things I haven't been able to do for a very long time.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Due to chronic conditions that started way back in my teens, I can confidently state that I have much experience and insight in regards to doctors. Dr. Hayek is the cream of the crop. Last year he completed a total shoulder replacement for my husband. The outcome was beyond what we expected. We thought for sure he would end up with some sort of limitation. Not at all. My husband's surgery turned out perfect and his strength and range of motion is like nothing ever happened at all. My first impression upon meeting Dr. Hayek at that time was how intelligent he is. He is approachable, honest and knows what he is talking about. Fast forward to this year -it was my turn to visit Dr. Hayek after a vehicle accident that left me with chronic pain, limited motion etc. After moving my arm around a bit, he was able to pinpoint exactly what was wrong. His approach was conservative at first, which I appreciated - he wasn't quick to put me under the knife. We tried shots, PT, etc first but surgery was what I needed to fix the issues. He performed arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder this past March and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I suffer from chronic pain conditions to begin with, so any sort of surgery or trauma is a bit tougher for me than most of the population, but Dr. Hayek and his staff walked with me the whole way and I just completed my last PT treatment yesterday. He is a wonderful surgeon, doctor and person. I've had many doctors in the past who were nothing but dismissive and rushed you out so they can take care of the next patient in their "factory". Dr. Hayek is not like that. He spends time with you, cares about your well being and I am happy I got to know him over the past couple of years. Without question, one of the finest doctors out there.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I had a hip replacement in March and he also used the anterior approach on my surgery and the recovery was amazing. The pain from surgery was minimum and the recovery was basically just rebuilding the strength in my leg muscles. He made sure my quality of life from living with my arthritic hip was at a point where it was a must do operation. I am a tile setter and i was back to work in 9 weeks( but he did want me to take another 3 weeks off) . I am 100% happy with my new hip and it feels great to feel normal again.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Hayek. He is knowledgeable, efficient, and does the anterior approach for hip replacement, which a lot of doctors don't perform. He is an excellent surgeon and his an asset to the Res organization. He is your go to guy

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Delayed having hip replacement for fear of extended recovery period. Dr. Hayek proved my fears unfounded as he performed the hip replacement via the anterior (front) method which proved to be minimally invasive with little pain and quick recovery period. I would certainly recommend the procedure and Dr, Hayek to anyone needing a hip replacement.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I had problems with both knees and my right hip. I had put off doing anything until I heard from others about Dr. Hayek. Had I known how well the surgeries would go I would have had them much sooner. I was especially amazed at the rapid recovery from the anterior hip approach. I was able to do things within a month after that I had not been able to do for years.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I am 70 years old and had problems with both hips. Dr. Hayek performed front anterior hip surgery on my right side on March 24th and my left side on July 13th. He was very honest and an excellent surgeon. I m no longer in pain and back to walking 40 to 50 minutes a day. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Richard J. Hayek's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)

Delta Dental