You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Hayek

Delayed having hip replacement for fear of extended recovery period. Dr. Hayek proved my fears unfounded as he performed the hip replacement via the anterior (front) method which proved to be minimally invasive with little pain and quick recovery period. I would certainly recommend the procedure and Dr, Hayek to anyone needing a hip replacement.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I had problems with both knees and my right hip. I had put off doing anything until I heard from others about Dr. Hayek. Had I known how well the surgeries would go I would have had them much sooner. I was especially amazed at the rapid recovery from the anterior hip approach. I was able to do things within a month after that I had not been able to do for years.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I am 70 years old and had problems with both hips. Dr. Hayek performed front anterior hip surgery on my right side on March 24th and my left side on July 13th. He was very honest and an excellent surgeon. I m no longer in pain and back to walking 40 to 50 minutes a day. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I first met Dr Hayek about 6 years ago when I broke my ankle in several places. Thanks to his expert surgical skills I have full range of motion in that ankle. In the last year he did a total knee replacement and I have had no issues. He takes the time to answer all questions and discussing options. He treats you like you are an intelligent person and always kind and courteous

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Hayek has been my physician for 15+ years. I have seen him for a variety of issues: broken wrist, tendonitis, knee pain. In my experience he is very knowledgeable about orthopedics. He takes the time to explain treatments he is recommending, laying out the pros, cons, and alternatives. In one instance I had a terrible tendonitis in my foot from a running injury. I could barely walk around, but wanted to be able to walk and run again. He recommended an injection to help calm down the inflammation. He went on to explain the process, benefits and the risks. I was reassured that he had fully considered my problem and was committed give me the appropriate treatment. The injection helped greatly and provided a quick recovery. I would strongly recommend Dr. Hayek to friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Very knowledgable and patient with instructions and care. I have referred friends and family to Dr. Hayek and each have been well taken care of.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I had the arthroscopic surgery performed on my knee about 10 yrs. ago. Initially, I was not going to write a review, but when I saw that Dr. Hayek was rated #1 surgeon in Chicago, I had to mention my own horrible experience with regards to this surgery. First of all, while the surgery was performed, there was a bump on the outside of my right knee which he promised to remove during the surgery. Unfortunately, he did not keep his promise & the bump plagues me to this day. After the surgery I experienced great pain & this Doctor would not see me until 1 1/2 mos. later. His response to my complaint of excessive pain was "Don't worry, in a few years you can have a knee replacement & you'll be as good as new." I cannot believe this response by a certified Orthopedic Surgeon. A few years later a friend of my recommended another Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Patek & he along with Prolotherapy, substantially improved my condition. I was very disappointed in my outcome with Dr. Hayek.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

DR. HAYEK GIVES ME THE TIME I NEED, EXPLAINS EVERYTHING, AND IS VERY COMPASSIONATE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AS HE HAS SUCCESSFULLY DONE 3 MINISCUS REPAIRS OF MY KNEES AND ALSO A TRIGGER THUMB RELEASE.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Hayek is excellent. He explains everything. He listens and answers questions. I have recommended him to several friends, and will continue to so.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

I'm a 63yr old woman who went to Dr. Hayek in great pain. I was told i needed a complete hip replacement. Dr. Hayek did my surgery and from the time I woke up I was not in any pain. He is the nicest Dr takes time with you explins anything you want to know. Great Dr nice office staff also. Thanks Dr

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Richard J. Hayek's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Delayed having hip replacement for fear of extended recovery period. Dr. Hayek proved my fears unfounded as he performed the hip replacement via the anterior (..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had problems with both knees and my right hip. I had put off doing anything until I heard from others about Dr. Hayek. Had I known how well the surgeries wou..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 70 years old and had problems with both hips. Dr. Hayek performed front anterior hip surgery on my right side on March 24th and my left side on July 13th. ..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first met Dr Hayek about 6 years ago when I broke my ankle in several places. Thanks to his expert surgical skills I have full range of motion in that ankle...."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hayek has been my physician for 15+ years. I have seen him for a variety of issues: broken wrist, tendonitis, knee pain. In my experience he is very knowl..."

October 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=25139'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014