Ratings for Dr. Brian L. Merrill

Bedside manners I thought were awful. I did not feel my concerns were addressed. I don't feel this is the right field for this Dr.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have clinical depression and needed to meet with a psychiatrist to figure out medications. Most recently, I began a new medication, to which I had some major side-effects. The info sheet that came with the meds directed me to contact my psychiatrist for help. So when I went in, I told him about my symptoms, and asked if something else might help, to which he told me that I just needed to try harder in working with my therapist, and that another medication wouldn't help. He questioned me about my plans for the future, and noted after how I didn't mention any romantic relationships and how that probably contributes to my depression/low self-esteem. Then he asked me to explain some recent and very difficult events which have occurred in my life. According to him, my cure is to just get over them. Needless to say, I ended up feeling like the biggest, most broken loser on the face of the planet. Dr. Merrill is incompetent in his field, and could care less about his patients.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

This doctor diagnosed me with a personality disorder after speaking with me for less than 30 minutes in a psyche ward. The general consensus of the mental health community says that, "It can take months, even years, of observation and assessments to reach the final corollary of a diagnosis of personality disorder." Furthermore, this doctor threw me out of the psychiatric ward (literally called security and had them pick me up and wheel me out of the hospital in a wheelchair) while I was still suicidal! Worst of all, Dr. Merrill agreed to have the police arrest me for "vandalizing" my room in the hospital after a desperate attempt at writing a suicide note on the wall in pencil. Anyone who knows my baseline level of mental health will attest that I was absolutely out of control upon discharge. This man is not a competent as a healthcare provider! I firmly believe that if Dr. Merrill continues to practice psychiatry, people will be hurt and possibly even die under his care.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Brian L. Merrill's Credentials

• Mid West Medical College (Grad. 2000)

• BCBS Massachusetts