Ratings for Dr. Bruce H. Cohen

Dr. Cohen was knowledgeable, professional and caring in all respects. His processes for patient input and preparation are top notch. He insures that his staff has done all the preparation work and that a file is prepared before he will see you. At the time of your examination by Dr. Cohen, he is well versed in your condition and offers a complete explanation of your medical needs and what he recommends to correct your current condition. In my case I needed cataract surgery. He explained the procedure thoroughly and used a model of an eye ball to demonstrate how the procedure would be conducted. The surgery that followed was conducted exactly as described at the Eye Surgery Center on Manchester Road in Des Peres, MO. The procedure itself only took 20 minutes. There was expected discomfort during the procedure. It was not problematic. Recommend that Dr. Cohen & staff be consulted in the event that you have a need for cataract surgery or other eye disease issues.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I had a lasik evaluation with Dr. Cohen. Most of the eye exam was performed by a technician and an optometrist. Dr. Cohen spent <5 min doing the exam himself. Dr. Cohen made no mention of any chronic dryness, which I had been told before, or that lasik would exacerbate my condition. For the initial consultation, I was charged $100 up front (other places do not charge any fee). Dr. Cohen also charges additional fees should there be corrections after the surgery (other places do not). I was not happy with the level of patient care provided by Dr. Cohen and wanted to another opinion. I went to Dr. Wexler, who attempted to treat my dry eyes for 3 weeks with artificial tears, steroid drops, cyclosporin drops. After 3 weeks, there was only minimal improvement and Dr. Wexler advised me not to pursue lasik for the time being as lasik can cause further dryness. I would not recommend Dr. Bruce Cohen for lasik based on my experience.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

It was for a multi-focal lense after cataract surgery. There was also a charge for the hospital, but it was worth every penney.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Bruce H. Cohen's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1976)

Chambers of Commerce