Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Lowe

You do not want to be a self pay patient. His billings borders on the unethical.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

excellent results, attentive, took his time. would highly recommend

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I agree with most of the other reviews. He is out to test and charge you for all he can. He does tests that are necessary every visit and cost a fortune! I payed $2500. for an exam! He charged me twice for looking at my eyes for two different reasons. I believe he has given me advice to do procedures based on making money and not what is best for me! I'm done!

Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Marc Lowe is very good. His bedside manner has improved greatly in the three years I have visited.He gives a good number of tests and is always informed and presents good understanding to me. I get any question answered to my satisfaction. But you must ask. Otherwise he treats your like a summary report card.Giving Little advice to change (such as lifestyle diet vitamins etc.) He knows all you need to know or all what needs to be done. And has stopped my Corina bleeding cold. - Saint Loren, Lompoc CA

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

This guy is disgraceful. I had a retinal hole but of course he did not tell me what it was, he just said sit back and hold still. He zapped a laser in my eye which was extremely painful. He did not warn me about the pain nor did he inform me what he was doing and why. After the procudure he literally walked out the room and did not say a word to me. I walked out of the office unable to see out of my right eye for 10 minutes. Unbelievable experience. My optometrist told me to stay away from this guy, but of course that was after the fact. I have since found a world class retinal specialist for my issue, but my experience with Dr. Lowe was horrible.

Submitted May 15, 2009

Definitely would not go to this guy again. Very indifferent attitude towards my issues. Didn't feel he took the time to listen and didn't think he understood what my problem was

Submitted December 5, 2008

I kind of felt like I had been 'had'. The doctor was a nice enough guy, but it just felt like he was out to bill me as much as possible by doing tons and tons of tests. I wish he had just treated me for my problem because i thought I was going to like him.

Submitted October 21, 2007

He seemed very distracted and not focused on my issues. It was almost like he just wanted to go through with the motions and not spend the individualized attention on me that I expected from a doctor. I just didn't feel like he was motivated on helping me, but more focused on moving me through his "system" of tests and procedures.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

Doctor did Lasik surgery. Very meticulous and focused on diagnosis and treatment. Bedside manner is his second priority, but is OK. Answered all my questions. On follow-up there was an issued due to my eye dryness, but the doctor was persistent in making sure it was solved.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2006

Dr. Marc A. Lowe's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Harvard-Pilgrim