Ratings for Dr. Ravi Samy

Dr. Samy has treated my preschooler for over a year now. As a medical professional, I appreciate his kindness, and more importantly, the knowledge and skill he possesses in treating her. I would recommend him to any family member or friend with complete confidence in his decision making and skill set. Gaining the trust of both a mother and a nurse takes attention to detail, a caring heart, as well as the ability to deliver quality care even on a bad day. Dr. Samy exemplifies all attributes and I will be forever grateful to him for helping my child.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

My son started seeing Dr. Samy at age three and is currently four years old. He had seen multiple doctors for his chronic condition, and by the time he came under the care of Dr. Samy, he was terrified of doctors, let alone any of them looking in his ear. Dr. Samy has been so incredibly patient when working with him over the past year. We have gone from crying the moment we enter the exam room, to a successful exam in the chair all on his own. Not only has Dr. Samy worked so hard to make my son more comfortable with his visits, but every nurse and resident under his service have been so wonderful to work with. Dr. Samy has always taken the time to explain our son's condition and treatment to our full understanding, as well as future courses of treatment.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I was very fortunate to have Dr. Samy and Dr. Zuccarello as my surgeons. Prior to the surgery, I was well informed as to what to expect during and after the surgery. After the surgery, their staff made many visits to the hospital. I would highly recommend Dr. Samy.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Dr Sami is extremely knowledgeable. I knew of him from the audiologist I worked with at the VA and one I saw personally. His skills are amazing--my cochlear hybrid implant was done with minimal scaring and I am steadily making process in word comprehension...my hearing aides were never this good. Dr. Sami is caring and you won't find a more skillful surgeon with the knowledge base he has...he's amazingly busy and in demand. Read the negative remark about him not listening to some one going on about their thoughts on the hearing and feeling he wasn't listening--please keep in mind He's the best in his field and knows his stuff, not some MD sitting around hoping to garner enough patients so he can pay his staff. His time is drained as he is constantly on call. He did my surgery the day after thanksgiving-- the man doesn't get a break--children's hospital needs him as does all hospitals that have complex cases... You have to be brief and know what to ask...you need to be prepared. His staff does the testing and he does order them...He handled the complex hearing treatments at the VA I worked at. The staff was in awe of his talent; and now that I'm also a patient, I can honestly say i wouldn't trust anyone else to do a cochlear or baha implant... Just don't expect to sit around and hold your hand while you try to formulate what you want to say or get upset after the fact for things you didn't ask for. He always gives his e-mail address and he responds as he can; which is quick considering his many patients. Or call his staff...again you can't find another at his skill level in Cincinnati or anywhere south of there...I'll be coming up from Atlanta Georgia to see him.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Didnt seem to care about hearing what was wrong. Said what HE thought it was and refused to hear more, not symptoms or previous tests run. Ran no tests of his own prior

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

he is wonderful, caring and very understanding

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr. Ravi Samy's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

• BCBS Massachusetts