Ratings for Dr. Richard S. Collins

I had to have 2 surgerys after first one i was feeling pain in legs again. He did not believe me and had to continue in pain for almost 5 months. I went back and said I could not take it. Had fusion and actually somewhat apologized cuz fragments of disc fell into my nerves and I have permenant damage. His bedside manner is terrible and how he handled my case even after surgery was awful. Poor management at the office and no one will listen to your concerns. I still live in pain and I have to manage that everyday. Would never ever refer him to anyone. The doctor is not always right.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

In my opinion he was rude and took about 1 minute or so to explain things to you. I am not pleased with his services.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Rushed to get me into surgery without explaining the dangers of failed back surgery syndrome. Did surgery and I am worse off today than before surgery. Then to add insult to injury wanted me to have a second surgery and lied to my attorney that I needed it. Shop around and know that back surgery should be a last resort.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I can not recommend this doctor to others. He may be the smartest surgeon around, but his bed side manner is terrible. He's not willing to follow up on patients post-surgery. He's not willing to do anything but surgery leaving it up to the patient to do all the leg work (ie: insurance pre-approval, etc.) The staff at the clinic he works out of is useless to the patient. I simply can't tolerate doctors who aren't willing to communicate with the patient and help them (other than surgery).

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

He is a very skilled and knowledgeable surgeon. He needs to develop his bedside manner and spend time talking to patients both pre and post-op.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

This doctor is not helpful after surgery and does not listen or examine the patient.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2007

Dr. Richard S. Collins's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

GHI