Dr. Plas T. James

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Plas T. James

After two minimally successful back surgeries, one which left me with nerve damage and foot drop, I skipped the formality of a referral by another doctor and set out to find a more accomplished surgeon myself. I read scores of profiles and reviews and happened upon Dr. Plas James. The more I read, the more I was impressed; I could not find a single legitimate negative review on any website. It seemed that all of his patients had nothing but praise for him. Now, to spare you from the boring and sordid details of all my medical problems, with the exception of noting that they were significant and serious, my experience with Dr. James and The Atlanta Spine Institute was nothing less than remarkable. From the moment I first walked into his office until my last visit there I was treated with dignity and respect. Dr. James, his PA Jason Weddington, nurses Grace and Desiree and his entire staff made driving 300 miles round trip worth the cost, time and inconvenience. Dr. James performed three surgeries on me in less than a year (two lumbar a cervical). The improvement in the quality of my life is nothing short of phenomenal. Before my surgery and treatment by Dr. James my pain was so severe it was difficult to walk across a room; now I'm back to gardening, hiking, riding my bike and most anything else I want to do. No one but Dr. James will ever touch my spine again and I would encourage you to do your homework; examine the credentials of your surgeon and know you have full confidence in who is treating you. His bedside manner refects that he genuinely cares for his patients. I wholeheartedly and unreservedly recommend Dr. Plas James to anyone having back, neck or spinal issues of any kind. H. Keith Cochran, Ph.D

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr James has an incredible bedside manner. He genuinely cares about his patients and he doesn't have a God complex. He's kind and caring and he's not impatient with explaining the surgery. He doesn't mind answering questions and he doesn't make you feel foolish for not knowing the answers. I've used Emory for the past 2 yrs and the arrogance and egos are at Emory, not with this Dr. I trust Dr James. I'm sticking with him thru this crucial surgery

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

I would recommend Dr. James to everyone who has spinal problems...His knowledge an expertise sets him above the rest...He is humble and kind..

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

One in a million Dr., never will forget his kindness upon my husband & I

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Dr. James's work is astonishing. He performed two levels of cervical artificial disc replacement eight days after the operation I could drive my car. He really cares about patient options and outcomes. I saw several specialists for my issue and he was more experienced with the latest treatment options than the others. It was also refreshing to hear about his high patient success rates from others at St Joseph's hospital.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Fantastic bedside manner with the best exam I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Thorough, listens, patient, attentive & I would recommend Dr. James to anyone who needs his expertise.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. James is the best doctor ever. I travel over 250 miles to my appointments with him because he the best from every angle. Highly recommend him. You can't go wrong with him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Results of back surgery were deplorable. The follow up left me with no better results then before my surgery. I feel misled and totally miserable.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I received excellent care during my very first visit with Dr. James and his staff. He spent time explaining what the x-rays were showing, and indicated that additional imaging was needed. My next appointment will be in a few days, and I have been scheduled for an MRI so that the most effective treatment can be done after the findings.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Plas T. James's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Plas James specializes in the treatment of all spinal conditions including herniated discs, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease. If you have back pain or neck pain, numbness in your fingers, arms or legs, Dr. James can help you to determine the best course of action to get back to a pain free life.

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1986)

• Blue Advantage