Ratings for Dr. Zhao Liu

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Liu by my PCP because she wanted to do some further testing of my cortisol levels. I am post menopausal and was experiencing a lot of typical symptoms, the biggest being anxiety. I wanted to try to treat my symptoms naturally using bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, instead of anti anxiety medication. Right off the bat, Dr. Liu said she does not believe in BHRT. She then suggested that my job (flight attendant ) was the cause of my anxiety and fatigue and I should find another job. I found Dr. Liu to be incredibly cold, no bedside manner or compassion. She treated me like it was all in my head. She ordered some tests and as I was leaving her office, she said "I don't know if I can help you"! Wow, great attitude!! I would not only NEVER return to her, I would never recommend her!! Very unhelpful and borderline unprofessional. Rude. Stay away from this endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2013

Appointments pretty close to on time and staff is fine. I was shocked when I got my bill and saw the numerous charges. We go over my thyroid numbers and what they mean and any adjusting of meds. She asks questions, I answer and then get charged extra for answering those questions??? I didn't ask any questions last visit because I didn't want to get charged extra but she still found a way!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

I feel I wasted two years of my life working with Dr. Liu. I have always been on the heavier side no matter the diet or excersise routine I just am who I am. But I am not excessively obese. Last year my husband and I started trying to conceive. I have pcos, and had been working on it with Dr liu. I discussed our intentions with Dr Liu a year ago. Only to find this year she thinks I am too heavy for her to help me conceive because we were having trouble. I am the same size I have always been. She did not want to help me for fear the baby may become diabetic as an adult. I have seen women all shapes sizes have healthy kids. I feel it is the luck of chance and it is not her choice to make as what I choose for me. So I meet with my pcp next month and plan to change doctors. I don't recomemd Dr Liu at all, she was very mean to a friend of mine as well. i feel she she either ignores my wishes or pretends I was unclear when I was clear.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Liu is the best! She is so friendly and knowledgable. Knows her stuff! Diagnosed me with Graves & Hashimotos after 4yrs of PCP just saying I had hypothyroid. She follows up with results and calls you back with test result and information on medication. Staff very helpful and polite. I would strongly suggest her to anyone seeking thyroid issues.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011