Ratings for Dr. David Castellano

I have been going to see Dr. Castellano for over twenty years. He has always listened extensively and answered my questions as he was able. He is so compassionate and really cares about me as a person. When I had problems that were not in his specialty, he sent me to the best doctor in that field. He goes above and beyond what most doctors will do to help their patience.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Castellano is wonderful and I love my new vision!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr Castellano and staff are friendly and personable, but results is what matters. I was a long time contact lenses user that only needed glasses when contacts were off, and then I had corrective eye surgery in Nov 2013. The results were disappointing and my vision is not as good as it was when I had my contact lenses. The Dr suggested glasses for driving and watching TV, perhaps forgetting that having the corrective surgery was to improve my current situation. Post surgery checkups were frustrating, seemed that everything was attributed to "dryness in the eye" (pain in the eye, lack of good vision, etc.). I am facing the need to go to an optometrist to get contact lenses and hopefully achieve the quality of vision that I had prior to the eye surgery. I would NOT recommend Dr Castellano to anyone who is considering corrective eye surgery.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

I went to see Dr. Castellano for a continued irritation in one of my eyes. I had seen other docs in this practice, but not him. When I got to his office I was impressed by an award on the front desk showing he was voted best doctor by some medical group.I was taken back to the exam room about 5 after my appt time which was fine, but then had to wait in the exam room for at least a half hour for him to come in. When he did come in, he was very friendly, chatty, and personable, but I had the feeling he wasn't really listening to me. He didn't respond to my statements with any information. He did a brief exam and then gave me a vague diagnosis of "something about your contacts is irritating your eye." Obviously I already knew that. When I probed for more information he said it could be many things and I should go talk to the person who prescribed them. I don't know why he couldn't help me with the problem, but he wouldn't. Now I have to go pay to see another doctor again!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. David Castellano's Credentials

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 1991)