Ratings for Dr. Alfred M. Dushman

Dr. Dushman has been our main pediatrician for our three kids for a few years now. At first, I wasn't sure I liked him. He knows his stuff and puts a lot of information out in a very matter of fact way. I wasn't used to that. However, I've come to appreciate his methods. He completely and thoroughly addresses all the issues we have gone to him with, presents all the possible outcomes and options, and gives his personal opinion separately. He seems to be respectful to me as the parent, even though I tend to be a bit paranoid and hypochondriac. I disagreed with him about flu shots a few years ago and he doesn't push me about it. He is kind and respectful to my kids. He truly cares, and sometimes that means he will be aggravated but it is from a good place. For example, he was upset that a teledoc service prescribed an antibiotic for something they could not test for over the phone. He is an incredibly intelligent, thorough, and rare doctor. I am grateful to have him as my kids' doctor. I feel we are in safe, caring, smart hands.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

The best doctor I have ever been to, he really listens to the concerns of the parents, and is very knowledgable. I drive 40 minutes just to see him, and it is worth it.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Dushman is a very, very good physician. My wife is a pediatric emergency room nurse and we've switched Pediatricians twice because of excessively long wait times and over-prescription of Antibiotics. Dr. Dushman is kind, sincere, and extremely knowledgeable. We have been thrilled taking both of our young children to him and trust him with their care.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

This man is a disgrace to his office and to the other doctors in his facility. He is condescending and abrasive. He doesn't want to listen to anything you have to say unless you agree with him. He also must have assumed that I could not afford different options for my daughter as he kept telling me how expensive this or that was. I loved the office staff - its a shame he was such a jerk. He also made my daughter feel very uncomfortable - it amazed me that he deals with kids on a daily basis and continues to treat people like he does. Quite possibly time to retire.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Dr Dushman treated both my sons so poorly it was abominable! He treated me, the mother, as if I knew nothing. My boys were 12 and 15. Separate visits...He's the only one we could get in to see quickly. One son, he barely listened to our concerns of anxiety and depression and said he couldn;t do anything for him and dismissed us....dismissed us!!! I left in tears, myson was ready to deck him! The other son, Dr managed to call him fat, stupid, gay, crazy, and symptoms all in his head, and again, treated me as if I had just fallen off the turnip truck. He is too old to be practicing and needs to hang up the stethescope! Save yourself!!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

My kid usually sees Dr. Schnitzler but several times he wasn't available and had to see Dr. Dushman instead. Something about him seems a little off and I am not sure I can trust his judgement. I was concerned about my sons weight and eating habits (he is so skinny and hardly eats). You can see his rib cage/spine/etc he is so tiny. This doctor said he was just fine and he was actually "over weight" for his height! WHAT!? He also sent the message to my kid that he could continue eating the way he does. Not okay and I disagree with his opinion. I wouldn't go back to him even if the other Dr. isn't there.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

After being unhappy with our first peditrician a friend recomended Dr. Dushman. We have been with him for the last 2 years with our oldest son and since birth with our second. He never makes us feel rushed or silly for making an appointment. He is very good at explaning what all your options are, the pros and cons of each and then letting you make an informed decision. His staff is very warm as well. Everyone remenbers you when you come into the office. We could not be happier.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Dr. Alfred M. Dushman's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)