Ratings for Dr. Lisa G. Abbott

Hated going here... spent a lot of money there on copays but hardly spent anytime with the doctor.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I've always found Dr. Abbott to be attentive, easy to talk to, available to answer questions. I've never had a problem with staff. Because she accepts student interns, there have been some occasions when the interns were not as knowledgeable, but that's the exception.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

This is the most incapable, rude, uncaring doctor’s office I’ve ever been to! One doctor tells you one thing and the next tells you something totally different. They sit in front of their computers and babble. Her nurse practitioner talks about her other patients, she talks over you so you can’t ask a question. I always left there more confused than when I walked in. Stay clear of this office unless you want all of Reno to know about your health issues as they don’t mind sharing.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I have been going here every 3 months for over a year for Hasimotos Thyroiditis. Dr Abbott is not concerned about how you are feeling, only about what the TSH level is. Thyroid is complicated and affects many systems in your body but she is only interested in your TSH level. During this year I have suffered from peripheral neuropathy, low B12, low vitamin D, and high cholesterol, ALL caused by improperly treated hypothyroid. I had to do all my own research and when I asked for a medication change, she would no longer see me. I now see the NP but it is no different. You are better off with a GP that will listen to you. BTW - when I changed to natural thyroid most of my other symptoms when away ... including my high cholesterol. Do your own research!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Avoid this doctor. She is condescending and does not look at your results (diabetic). I overheard her talking to the consultant at the hospital where I was sent to learn about the pump. Dr A knows NOTHING about pumps. NOTHING. All of the questions she asked the consultant, she could have asked me--sitting in her office at the time. Her staff treats you like you know nothing about your condition and DO NOT question anything...because the Dr has all of the answers. She is just a product machine. She makes her money with excessive visits, repeat visits(3-6 months) in order to re-order insulin, tests no one else has ever heard of and support staff(the only good person in the office) who do her intake visits. She is just awful and makes a diabetic of 24 years feel helpless. I am the one who in the end is in charge of my health--I am here everyday and I am good at it. But I need Rx. New diabetics might find useful info as it is overwhelming when you start. After that avoid this woman!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

In the 15 plus years I have been Dr. Abbott's patient, I am very pleased with her overall care. She is very businesslike and professional, which comes across as cold and indifferent to some. She knows her s - - t! If my symptoms/complaints are within her realm of expertise, she has me tested for possible causes. She listens and has tried different meds/techniques to help with my chronic illnesses. After seeing two other doctors for a specific problem, she was the one who quickly figured it out. If you are not satisified with her answers to your questions, ask more questions. If you still are not satisfied, tell her. Give her a chance. Forget her staff-she is the one you are going to her ofice to see. She is one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable docs I have encountered, and she will tell you if your symptoms/complaints are not within her field of expertise. I trust her and really don't care about her bedside manner. She takes good care of me & is on top of things always.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

It is clear that I am not alone in the experiences that I have had. It is more than apparent that the Dr. lacks compassion and a good bedside manner. Although compassion is not a requirement to be a DR, it certainly helps. After all, why would patients with ailments wish to see a Dr. that treats them with only the bare necessity of care? I am an adult, yet I have been lectured and treated as though I am a second class citizen. Condescension is the word of the day, everyday. If you are seeking someone to degrade you, your self worth and kick you while you are down, this is the place for you! The only good thing I see going for them is Shelby. She is a doll.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I literally got yelled at on the phone by the secretary about my records being faxed over when it was the secretary's fault! Even my other doctor's office was getting frustrated with her incompetence. Abbot spent very little time with me and acted like what I said was either a lie or irrelevant. After she ordered the blood tests and the results came back, she gave me a smarmy, condescending look and said that everything was within normal range and that there wasn't anything wrong with me. Then, when I asked how she explained my symptoms, she just shrugged and hinted that I should see a psychiatrist (yeah, I was insulted). Two other doctors that I trust are certain that it's horomones -- I'm gonna go with them on this one. Then, when I checked out and paid, she just put hair loss (ignoring all the other symptoms I told her about) on the bill and screwed up my insurance. When I paid, the secretary (same one) was horrible to me, but nice the minute she saw my dad. Ageism or just rudeness?

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Abbott for Hypothyroid problems for 10 years and I am always trying to get into a new Endo. Dr. Abbott is so rude and I absolutley hate the way she talks to me. She demends you bring in your prescription bottle with you for what reason I have no idea and once I forgot it and was reprimanded like a child. She has the worst patient relations I have ever seen. My system is messed up I feel horrible all the time. Unfortunatley the doctors I want to see are not taking new patients, ever it seems.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

I want to believe and report Dr.A as good, but I am uneasy about my experiences with her. This is my 4th visit, for hypothyroid management. I just don't feel well, and things are falling apart mentally. TSH is up again, so up the meds, she says. Yet something feels very wrong to me; I lived with higher TSH levels for years and didn't have these symptoms, nor feel this way, yet it must be I need more T4 is all she can suggest. Increase the dose and come back in 2-3 months. Should I be looking to my GP to more carefully assess my complaints, symptoms, and discuss solutions? Dr. Abbott breezed over my symptoms, seemed unfamiliar with my chart. I sensed she wanted me to like her this time, but I truly question her professional knowledge of thyroid and other endocrine issues from her simplistic T4/TSH focus. I do commend her staff for courtesy and efficiency.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

Dr. Lisa G. Abbott's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)