Dr. Stephen J. Incavo

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Incavo

I had my right hip replaced in June 2019 and my left knee in July by Dr. Incavo. My hip was not a problem at all. The knee has been a little more difficult but after nearly 3 weeks, it’s doing wonderful and I’m walking with little pain at all. My knee has has no bruising and I’ve been surprised at how well it’s doing. Dr. Incavo answered all my questions and explained exactly what needed to be done, which I appreciate. His staff is on top of sending e-mails of where you should be and what to expect or look out for. I found that very helpful and when I called they were very quick to answer my questions. I still have my right knee to be replaced and I will have Dr. Incavo do that surgery. Although surgery is serious and not to be looked forward to, I will say Dr. Incavo and his staff make me confident in this upcoming surgery that I am with the best qualified doctor and staff. I would recommend Dr. Incavo and his staff to anyone with hip or knee problems

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

I have now had two hip replacements by Dr. Incavo. My right in 2015 and now my left in 2019. When it came time for me to have my second hip replacement, there was no other Dr. that I would go to except Dr. Incavo. With the experience of one surgery the second was an easy decision - Dr. Incavo. Without a doubt, he is one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the country in my opinion! He is trustworthy, professional and direct with his diagnosis and actions so that you are back in your daily life as soon as possible. I have recommended Dr. Incavo and his terrific staff after my first surgery and absolutely will continue to recommend Dr. Incavo even more so now after my second surgery.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

Dr. Incavo has given me hope after five years of pain and one failed bilateral total knee replacement, followed by a failed bilateral spacer replacement. I had to travel to Houston from the east coast to see Dr. Incavo and to have the surgery, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. He's a man of few words, but humble, knowledgeable and talented. It's only 2.5 weeks since the surgery, but I have every expectation he has given me many more years of nearly pain-free walking and moving. What a relief to be out of the dark hole that my life had become.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2019

Dr. Incavo did my total right hip replacement in October 2018. I am so please with his skill and my recovery. Everything from his nurses to hospital stay to recovery plan was perfect.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

Dr. Incavo is an excellent surgeon for knee replacement. Very professional , he is a man of few words but highly caring and competent.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

I had a bad accident in New Mexico on my ranch on July 4, 2017. I was in a Leval One trauma center in El Paso for a month. I didn’t breake my hip, but I damaged it. I did break bones in my neck, back, pelvis, and several ribs. My hip became excruciatingly painful, and I got the run around from doctors in El Paso. I decided to get the best, so I went to Houston. I called Dr Incavo’ office on Monday, saw him Tuesday, and the next Tuesday had my hip replaced. Two weeks after surgery, I drove my truck and horse trailer back home to New Mexico! Four months after surgery, I am ready to rodeo again (but no bull riding)!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

I had a very complex hip revision situation. This was my sixth surgery over a period of 55 years. Dr. Incavo approached my surgery with a positive attitude and made me feel comfortable going forward into the surgery. He explained and addressed the surgery, rehabilitation and my concerns in a very concerned manner. I totally recommend Dr. Incavo to anyone. At my age I truly have a new lease on life. Phillip Gordon Cypress Texas.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I had my right hip replaced in NYC two years ago. I recently moved to Houston and was looking for a surgeon who could "match" the left hip. Dr. Incavo has the credentials and experience I was looking for. He was welcoming, really listened to me, explained what he would do. His office staff is outstanding and helped me arrange the preop testing and other prep. Communication was very clear, with lots of backup. I felt fully prepared for the surgery. The actual operation and hospital experience at Houston Methodist was far superior to what I experienced with my first hip. Again, the communication was outstanding and Dr. Incavo's staff was in contact with my daughter as soon as I was out of surgery. I was out of recovery and into a beautiful private room quickly. The nursing staff could not have been more responsive and kind. I went home the next day and received phone calls from the office staff and the hospital itself to make sure I was progressing well and to ask me about my experience. It's two weeks since the operation and am walking by myself with a cane. I am so glad another doctor recommended Dr. Incavo to me, and i will be happy to recommend him and his team to others.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I am 7 weeks post op a left hip replacement. I was cane free in 3 weeks and now walk 1-2 miles without discomfort, thanks to Dr Incavo's expert skills and his talented, attentive staff. I can highly recommend him and will choose him again when my other hip needs to be done!! I am

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Incavo. Before I met him, I had a serious leg injury from a bicycle accident. I had numerous surgeries, an internal fixator, and then infection to the leg. I came to Dr. Incavo after all this had occurred. He saved my leg: inserted an antibiotic spacer and followed up with a knee replacement as a result of bone loss and deformity from the accident. He is thorough, direct, and extremely knowledgeable. His staff is responsive and supportive.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018