Ratings for Dr. Daniel Glotzer

I don't normally respond to these surveys but when I saw the rating for the one from November 2015, I just had to write something. Dr. Glotzer became my doctor following admission to IRMH emergency room and I did not have the advantage of "researching" for the perfect surgeon but if I had I sincerely hope my quest would have led me just where I ended up. Dr. Glotzer had probably the best "bed-side manner" of any surgeon I've ever met. He answered all my questions and kept my family fully updated. I am healing right on the schedule he predicted and feel that it was a blessing for me that Dr Glotzer happened to be the one "on call" for my emergency surgery. If I every need surgery again....I won't need to do any research, I've found the best one around!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr.Glotzer has very poor bedside manner (none) he is the worst dr i have ever seen . He done my mom's gallbladder surgery it took him three times longer than excepted (laparoscopic ) which is ok as long as it is done correctly. In the hospital she was treated very poorly by the nursing staff was almost given the wrong medication for her blood pressure , but my mom caught it thank god. He only checked on her one time and the day of her discharge he just stuck his head in the door and said the front desk has your paperwork , when she tried to ask him a question he closed the door very rude. Then after she got home she was suppose to have a follow up appt a week later but he canceled till the following week . When she finally went to her follow up he was very rude with everything he said, and she told him she was still in terrible pain he replies with well you have to go to your family Dr for anymore pain medication and was very rude and disrespectful about it . So upon going to her family Dr she learned that Dr Glotzer had put in her notes that he wouldn't write her another prescription because he felt as if she was Dr shopping . He is very rude and disrespectful . I would definitely not recommend him for anything .

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I was so fortunate to find Dr. Glotzer! He thoroughly explained the findings of my biopsy in medical terminology and then broke it down into layman's terms before moving into explaining my possible courses of treatment. He and his staff made me feel like I was part of their family, always greeting me warmly and asking how I was..they didn't just treat my cancer. They also gave me a tracking binder; it had room for doctor's business cards, places to document the discussions at each appointment, a medicine tracking sheet for type and dosage of medication, and phone numbers for people /agencies to call if my husband or I felt overwhelmed... including a way to get in touch with them after business hours. Dr. Glotzer also referred me to a wonderful plastic surgeon who helped me as much emotionally as he did physically, throughout my treatment. I would definitely recommend anyone needing surgery to seek out Dr Glotzer. He is a wonderful surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Glotzer from my PCP. I was very impressed that upon meeting me the doctor had read my chart and already knew my history. He was very descriptive in explaining the process of my care. His staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I did have to wait approximately 40 minutes in the waiting room but otherwise I had a very good experience.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Glotzer and his staff made a difficult time so much better than I could have imagined. My masectomy went well and his staff could not have been nicer and I appreciated Nurse Jackie taking a personal interest in my life. Dr. Glotzer has been there for me whenever I needed to ask a question and I never felt like I was bothering him. You are in great hands with Dr. Glotzer.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I have sadly had to visit several doctors in the past years and he is the only one that is always on time, extremely professional, and very kind.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

Dr. Daniel Glotzer's Credentials

• Univ De La Republica, Fac De Med, Montevideo, Uruguay (Grad. 1996)