Ratings for Dr. Mark L. Hagy

Yes, he is loud and gruff, but he is an excellent surgeon. We met when he performed an emergency hip replacement on my elderly mother-in-law. Her femur fractured in two or three places during the surgery. Dr. Mark Hagy figured out a way to band her femur together with metal bands and the surgery was sucessful. She was able to walk and retain her independence. I think many doctors, especially younger ones as he was at the time, would have thought it was OK for an elderly woman to not be able to walk again. Since then, Dr. Hagy successfully performed a hip replacement and a knee replacement on my husband, who would never go to anyone else. He doesn't have to be your best friend, but you want him to perform your surgery.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Great results with my hip replacement which was complex but he did it using the anterior approach. I was so pleased to be able to walk well the very next day. My leg used to be several centimeters shorter and now my legs are equal in length. Hardly any pain and no need for narcotics. Dr Hagy was very informative and caring and followed up nicely. Also has a wonderful PA, John. I'm so grateful that he was willing to take on my case and did a fabulous job.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Hagy was unprofessional. He was loud, kept me in the examining room for one hour and then lost his temper when I asked why I waited so long, he was rude and I think something is wrong with him. The bunion on my right foot is back after three years.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Hagy is TOO busy! He didnt address all my concerns about my procedure. He was going to perform one procedure and then during surgery switched to another procedure that had not been discussed (no time toaddress). After surgery, I was seen only by his PA for 6 weeks following surgery and had to keep cast on for an extra week due to his schedule (no appts). I waited 40 minutes only to be told that there were 2 patients ahead of me for my final follow up. I left...and will not return.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

GREAT DOCTOR, THE BEST. DR. hAGGY HAD TO RECONSTRUCT MY RIGHT FOOT. I WAS AFFRAID THAT I WON'T BE ABLE TO WALK WELL, OR AT LEAT I WILL HAVE A NOTICEABLE LIMP. THE SURGERY WAS PERFECT AND I HAVE A COMPLETELLY NORMALL FOOT AND I LOVE DANCING. THANKS DR. HAGY.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Was very happy with the time Dr. Hagy spent with me explaining all aspects of my problem and the different treatment options.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Wonderful Doctor! The only doctor who has been able to help me with plantar fasciitis. His office staff however, are unprofessional and definately have no training.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr. Mark L. Hagy's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

WellCare Health Plans