Ratings for Dr. Rick H. Chou

Dr. Chou is one of the finest PCP's I have ever had and I will be his patient as long as he is practicing.He is the consummate PCP and has been integral to helping me manage my health issues over the years. He takes my calls when he is on vacation, responds quickly to emergencies, has come to the emergency room when I have had the unfortunate experience of having to go and has given me care that is unparalleled.I have been a patient of Dr. Chou's for over 10 years and see the variety of difficult patients that he handles on a daily basis. Some patients expect a PCP to be all things to all people and that is simply NOT what a PCP is for. If you are diagnosed with a disease or something requiring a specialist you need to go to a specialist, period. Diabetics are not meant to be managed by their PCP when receiving such a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

a great Doctor until you get a serious illness. I was diagnosed with Diabetes. He gave me a meter and told me to see a nutritionist and walked away because he was busy. I got no lifestyle info, no expectation as to what to expect, no explanation as to what long term goals were. I didn't even know what normal blood level was or what type of diabetes I had. I had three appointments afterwards and each time I came and asked him questions about things I had read/heard from the internet or others with the illness. he shrugged most of it off and treated me as if I was pestering him. At our last appointment when I tried to verbalize how I was feeling I must have injured his pride because he threw open the exam room door and yelled loud enough for everyone in the waiting room could hear that I should find another Doctor. I I Have already filed a complaint with NYS Department of Health, Office of Professional Medical Conduct. Which could have been spared if he even bothered to call to apologize

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

I have used Dr. Chou for 7 years now. I have always found him to be warm, thoughtful, attentive and kind. He even takes the time to explain things to my (neurotic) husband, which I really appreciate. I find it strange to read poor reviews of Dr. Chou becuase I have recommended him to dozens of friends and family members who have also found him to be outstanding in every way. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

He is a doctor who charges very little for patients who do not have insurance. This alone makes him wonderful. But in addition to this, he has a great sense of humor, listens carefully, and he responds to questions really well - he often gives various answers to a single question (such as options for treatment, etc.) His staff is patient, attentive, friendly, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

Unwilling to listen to family members information about a patient. He takes a fatalistic attitude towards patients even though other doctors and family members have seen seriously ill patients respond verbally and gesturally. He is not easy to contact and does not always get back to the patients immediate family members who are calling him. I would not recommend a doctor with this type of attitude to anyone that I know.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2008

Does not always check the chart before he gives meds, flippant with you when it comes to test results. My overall satisfaction is below par.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

HE IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. hE TAKES HIS TIME WITH YOU AND NEVER TRIES TO KICK YOU OUT OF THE ROOM UNTIL YOUR DONE AND HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.HE LISTENS TO YOU AND ANSWERS EVERY QUESTION YOU HAVE AND NEVER LETS YOU LEAVE UNTIL YOU ARE STATISFIED.HE IS JUST A SUPER DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2006

Dr. Rick H. Chou's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1997)