Ratings for Dr. Charles Y. Kim

Selfish & Does NOT Care What Happens to Your Baby ... lying, rude, careless of a human life He will lie and hopefully it doesn't interfere with his golfing! When I was pregnant with my son he said everything was fine even though I told him I was having pain, etc. Measurements of my stomach started to shrink and he said nothing until I went to the ER on my own accord. When they diagnosed my son with having growth issues he basically seemed bothered and said "we'll discuss it in the office at the next appointment and said he was going back to play GOLF." In his office, when he check the heart beat he started saying "It can't be right, it can't be right" and then he quickly left the room and returned and said "the machine was not working" and he did not retest with another machine. He just said "see you next week. " After speaking to my mom and her speaking to some nurses she knew who said they wouldn't even bring their dogs to him -- they highly recommended to "get to the hospital Now!" Once we got to the hospital they said his heart beat was dropping fast and the ER doctor had to fight with him to get me into the surgery room because he was too busy probably golfing to give a crap about my baby or me. Once in the operating room, I had bad reaction to the anesthesia. After all said and done my son was in the hospital for 2 months and the hospital doctors said if I waited until the following week as charles said mys son would not be here. For follow up I had an infection (oozing with green slime) in my incision where it was not thoroughly closed up and all he did was clean it with a q-tip. No antibiotics, didn't seal it up the rest of they way nothing! I went to my primary care to get antibiotics. To boot when I got copies of my records later it showed that he changed the measurements of my stomach on several occasions obviously so it wouldn't intrude in his personal life what little it may be. Protect your baby and avoid this guy ... he is not a doctor in my eyes. PS as a previous reviewer stated I too had a rag left inside me. Tell you the truth I think this man is why I have several chronic illnesses due to his lack of following procedures. BTW if you have pelvic/abdomen pain you may want to get checked for endometriosis - just one of the lucky things I got from this idiot from him not cleaning out the area after the c-section.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

My delivery was 11 years ago, however, I am still suffering the consequences of going to Dr. Kim. I must first relay that the staff was always wonderful, caring and informative. Dr. Kim, however, was cold, unsympathetic and very "rough" during my exams. I suffered from an infection after my delivery and had to go back into the hospital because he left a rag inside of me. He even did a check in the maternity ward after delivery and didn't catch it (although I war running a fever and couldn't walk). After I was finally better (8 months later), I went in for my follow up exam and he told me my stretch marks were ugly. He is the worst doctor I have ever been to and would greatly influence anyone to steer clear of him. There are so many other choices out there.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr. Kim delivered my two children not to mention my two youngest siblings. His experience dominates Frederick County. He and his staff is always kind, courteous, empathetic to every situation. His bedside manners are a little dry, but putting he keeps your overall health his primary focus.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Well like it was said before me he doesn't talk to you much only if you know what to ask he will answer to you short and clear.it is not a language barrier more likely first of all he is a man and they don't talk much and just do his job.second he is Asian and they have different mentality and won't kiss you ..so if you like somebody do there job he is your man !!!!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

I really like Dr. Kim and his staff, he delivered one of my baby and this one too. I would not go to any other OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

If you don't mind having a Dr. who is not very personable, then you won't mind Dr. Kim. If you're in need of someone who will converse with you and make you feel comfortable (which is important in this line of work) then stay away. Dr. Kim delivered my 3rd baby and I have no complaints as far as his expertise is concerned. If you don't have many options as far as health care providers are concerned, at least you can be assured that you will get the care that you need. He has been in practice for a long time and definitely knows what he's doing, but he spends very little time with his patients and does not explain things fully. He did make a small joke at the hospital the morning after I delivered, which really surprised me though :)

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

I went to Dr. Kim after having an irregular Pap with my primary care doc, and he didn't really do much to put me at ease. There's definitely a language barrier issue, which isn't his fault, but he didn't really explain anything that was going on throughout the process. I felt very much left in the dark and refused to go back.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

If you want a doctor who is blnut and to the point with no compassion for you Dr kim would be the one. Dont get me wrong hes a good doctor and was great in delivery but I was told i was fat a couple times. He never really spent time with you to answer any questions. he was just in and out.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Charles Y. Kim's Credentials

• Maryland Medical College (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal