Ratings for Dr. Karen M. Horton

I love Dr. Horton. Her surgery is impeccable; she really cares about her patients, she fought with my insurance company for me. I get compliments every time I go for a checkup and people can't believe it was a mastectomy! I'm grateful for her.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr, Horton and her team are outstanding. Collectively, they are compassionate, warm, knowledgeable and caring. I was seeking a bit of a "retirement makeover" (why not?) and while I was a little embarrassed about it, Dr. Horton immediately put me at ease. She has that rare combination of knowledge, skill and artistry. It has been a year since my procedure, and I am very happy with the result, and with the ongoing relationship I feel that I have with Dr. Horton and her team. Dr. Horton is simply the best in her field.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

She is an amazing artist. I have not met a more open, compassionate and skillful Doctor. She helped make my journey through Breast Cancer a less fearful and scary one. I LOVE her!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Great listener, knowledgeable, put me at ease. More docs should be like her.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I don't go online to post reviews- but I just knew that I had to say something about Dr. Horton and her amazing team. I felt truly heard, and supported throughout my entire process. I love my results- and i would recommend in a heartbeat for anyone to put their trust in Dr. Horton. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Horton gave me the confidence to have reconstruction surgery. My situation called for something a little different and she and my surgeon Dr. Grissom were willing to make it happen. I interviewed 4 reconstruction surgeons in the Bay Area and I can honestly say that until I met Dr. Horton I was unimpressed and scared. She was friendly and forthcoming with information. She and her staff are there for you every step of the way. Her website alone is a fountain of information. A quick reference on anything you might have forgotten. The office is like mini spa... warm, friendly and relaxing. The staff is a reflection of Dr. Horton. The is a kind woman as well as a brilliant surgeon. Thank you so very much!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Fantastic - the best in the country!!!!!! This is a doctor that really, really listens to her patients. You get the results you want and her knowledge, professionalism and kindness are extraordinary. Her staff is top notch too.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Thanks to Dr. Horton's careful listening and practical, compassionate advice, my lipo turned out to be one of the kindest things I've ever done for myself. She spends a lot of time in the operating room, which is exactly what we want her doing, even if it means being a little late for appointments in the office. Everyone in the office is incredibly helpful and always knows what's going on. I always leave the office (and OR) knowing I'm in the best possible hands.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I went to Dr. Horton for inverted nipple correction. I've had inverted nipples since I stopped breastfeeding my second child. She is amazing. Very friendly, very approachable. She explained why this happened and how it can be fixed. I had an in office procedure. Dr. Horton and Nurse Mary were wonderful the entire time. I am now 2 weeks post op and very please with my results. Just an fyi, Dr. Horton offered me patient references without my asking, gave her cell number for any problems or issues, and provided me with several supplies just in case I needed them post op. One of my best experiences with a doctor ever.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I went to Dr. Horton for removal of my breast implants. I've had 3 sets and a lift previously from other docs. Basically I went to Dr Horton to have her fix other peoples mistakes and remove the capsule and all the scar tissue in the capsule. She was caring and compassionate and is also very down to earth and totally makes you feel comfortable. I had a great experience with her. She's available by text or cell after hours. She also did a great job. I would never go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Karen M. Horton's Credentials

As a female plastic surgeon, I have devoted my entire career to empowering patients through cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. From breast augmentation and liposuction, to facelift surgery and comprehensive mommy makeovers, my passion has always been to produce beautiful, natural-looking results that instill a sense of confidence and pride in the way patients view themselves. Furthermore, I have received specialized training in breast reconstruction to help breast cancer survivors restore their breasts and move forward with their lives. Whatever your cosmetic or reconstructive concerns may be, my experienced staff and I will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals in the safest, most effective manner possible.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2000)

• Breast augmentation