Dr. Karen M. Horton

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Karen M. Horton

I interviewed 3 male doctors before consulting with Dr. Horton. From a woman's perspective, she gets it. We discussed my goals and expectations, which were to have a successful surgery without infection, and a good reconstructive cosmetic outcome. She was skillful, supportive, knowledgeable, caring, reassuring, and available whenever I needed her. Her positive attitude is uplifting. Her practice sees the whole patient, emotional and physical. The staff is warm, sensitive and extremely helpful. I had 2 surgeries and a long recovery. Along the way, there were some insuance issues with which Mary Pasache guided me through. As an educator, Mari RN, is another indispensable part of the team, and a fantastic baker. The front desk ladies were very caring and helpful. Dr. Horton continues to guide me through my recovery. I'm confident that after the swelling resolves, the outcome will be as she has predicted. Dr. Horton is everything you want in a surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I just had the second reconstruction surgery required to fix what was done previously by another surgeon after a Bilateral Mastectomy and four reconstruction/revision surgeries. When I went to Dr. Horton I was not feeling very confident or hopeful. She immediately put me at ease and gave me hope to believe I would be pleased with the outcome following a Diep Flap surgery. It was just as intense as she said it would be. Recovery was long and painful. There were times I felt depressed and overwhelmed but Dr. Horton reassured me that was to be expected. She gave us her cell phone number so we could contact her at anytime if we had questions and or concerns. After almost a year Dr. Horton just completed the final surgery, which required some corrections and revisions. Although I am still in the recovery process I am confident the end results will be positive. Any areas that are concerning, like the scarring, are not a reflection of what Dr. Horton accomplished. She was given a huge undertaking due to the previous surgeries and two failed implant attempts. Dr. Horton is professional, thorough and cares deeply about her patients. I appreciate her compassion and empathy.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I feel so lucky that I found Dr Horton. I love the results and she made me feel so comfortable the whole time. This is a person who know their stuff and wants to do what is best for her patients. .

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Horton is personable and professional. Her kind and knowledgeable demeanor shows in her work. She was pleaseant in communicating with my wife and I throughout the entire process regarding my wife's breast surgery, and her surgical procedure was great (the results are beautiful). My wife is very happy, and I am very happy that she is happy.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I love Dr. Horton. Her surgery is impeccable; she really cares about her patients, she fought with my insurance company for me. I get compliments every time I go for a checkup and people can't believe it was a mastectomy! I'm grateful for her.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr, Horton and her team are outstanding. Collectively, they are compassionate, warm, knowledgeable and caring. I was seeking a bit of a "retirement makeover" (why not?) and while I was a little embarrassed about it, Dr. Horton immediately put me at ease. She has that rare combination of knowledge, skill and artistry. It has been a year since my procedure, and I am very happy with the result, and with the ongoing relationship I feel that I have with Dr. Horton and her team. Dr. Horton is simply the best in her field.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

She is an amazing artist. I have not met a more open, compassionate and skillful Doctor. She helped make my journey through Breast Cancer a less fearful and scary one. I LOVE her!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Great listener, knowledgeable, put me at ease. More docs should be like her.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I don't go online to post reviews- but I just knew that I had to say something about Dr. Horton and her amazing team. I felt truly heard, and supported throughout my entire process. I love my results- and i would recommend in a heartbeat for anyone to put their trust in Dr. Horton. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Horton gave me the confidence to have reconstruction surgery. My situation called for something a little different and she and my surgeon Dr. Grissom were willing to make it happen. I interviewed 4 reconstruction surgeons in the Bay Area and I can honestly say that until I met Dr. Horton I was unimpressed and scared. She was friendly and forthcoming with information. She and her staff are there for you every step of the way. Her website alone is a fountain of information. A quick reference on anything you might have forgotten. The office is like mini spa... warm, friendly and relaxing. The staff is a reflection of Dr. Horton. The is a kind woman as well as a brilliant surgeon. Thank you so very much!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Karen M. Horton's Credentials

As a female plastic surgeon, I have devoted my entire career to empowering patients through cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. From breast augmentation and liposuction, to facelift surgery and comprehensive mommy makeovers, my passion has always been to produce beautiful, natural-looking results that instill a sense of confidence and pride in the way patients view themselves. Furthermore, I have received specialized training in breast reconstruction to help breast cancer survivors restore their breasts and move forward with their lives. Whatever your cosmetic or reconstructive concerns may be, my experienced staff and I will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals in the safest, most effective manner possible.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2000)

• Breast augmentation