Ratings for Dr. Vicki Albert Chavin

I saw Dr. Chavin about 2 weeks ago. I read the reviews before my visit and was surprised to find her affable and pleasant. I saw no arrogance or rudeness. The exam was throrough and the treatment quick and effective. She even managed to squeeze me in the day after my call during her lunchtime. I was impressed and will go back to her if needed. I had no problem with the staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

Love Dr. Chavin but DO not like her front desk person. Not only has she dropped the ball on entering important information into my daughter's record, she's the gatekeeper sort with no sense of urgency when someone requests an emergency appt. Though my husband has been a longterm patient, she said there is no record of him and no "new patient" appointments are available for 2 months. I truly do not care if his record is inactive according to her definitions--he needs an appt and now I have to find him a different doctor and she's losing her boss a patient. Not very smart. You can be sure I will be having a chat about this with Dr. Chavin when I am next in her office.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

terrible bedside manner, does not care for her patients, VERY rude

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Chavin for quite a few years. She is a serious no nonsense doctor but I would go to no other dermatologist. She has caught several skin cancers and I have been pleased with her. Sorry to say but some people want a social meeting and she just not does fill the bill. In my opinion, she is a great dermatologist.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I called the office on 1/6/2015 to make an appointment for myself and daughter, we would both be new patients. i was told by a staff member that they had no new patient appointment until March and call back in February to make the appointment. They did not have the March calendar avaiable! I find this a little hard to believe as most Drs. will book appointments up to a year out. I am sure the person whom answered the phone did not feel like taking the information to sign up to new patients. They will not have to worry as I have already booked appointments with another Dr.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I use to see Dr. Chavin, but I ended up going to another dermatologist for a second opinion where I found out I was being misdiagnosed! I knew no one could properly diagnose you with 3 minutes in their office! I was appalled when my new dermatologist said that Dr. Chavin was just masking the problem, instead of properly treating it. Now that I have been with my dermatologist my skin problem has been healed and I could not be happier that I chose to go to somewhere else for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I am so surprised by these comments. I have been seeing here for many years. I think she has an all business way but can be funny too. She has found over 6 skin cancers on me and sent me to have surgery. She is on time and does a great job. Yes she will tell you if she see sun damage on your skin and tell you how to take care of your skin. That is her job. Feel bad with all the bad reviews on her I think she is great and NO I am not a family member or a friend.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

We have seen Dr. Chavin for some time now. She has the WORST bedside manner but I must say she has always accurately diagnosed my husbands various skin issues. I brought my son there once for a body check and to look at something that was "concerning" to me. She was so sarcastic saying to my son, "I don't know what your mother is talking about" like I had bothered her to look. She also lectured me as I have dark olive skin and reprimanded me for exposing my skin to the sun. I assured her I did not sunbathe but was outside with my kids a lot and she told me that I should carry an umbrella to the bus stop. She is just so RUDE and I have put off going to get a body check from her because of her condescending attitude. I think after writing this review, I will make an appointment with another Dr.

Submitted June 9, 2014

I saw Dr. chavin about a year ago. I went in for a routine body scan. I was literally in her office for less than 3 minutes. I got on her examining table and she barely looked at me. I pointed out a couple of questionable freckles and one of them she took out. I asked her how she can examine so quickly and she said she's been doing this for so long she knows what she's looking for I mentioned to her I saw a dermatologist I used to go to in Wellesley who would examine her patients with an red light viewer(?) she actually had the audacity to say that was a gimmick! The dermatologist I saw in Wellesley was fantastic she took her time and I felt as if she cared I I had to stop seeing her because my insurance would no longer pay. Basically what I'm trying to say is Dr. Chavin does not care for her patients if you are late she will make you wait and she treats her staff in a very disrespectful way.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I really like Dr. Chaven. My daughter had cystic acne. Dr. Chaven diagnosed it immediately, put her on an antibiotic and came up with a plan to remedy future breakouts. She also commiserated with my daughter making her feel better! She took us immediately- she's very prompt we've never had to wait. The only thing I didn't love was the office staff seems a little snippy, and you have to get a referral before you can see the doctor. I would definitely recommend Dr. Chaven.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Vicki Albert Chavin's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Framingham, MA