Ratings for Dr. Vicki Albert Chavin

terrible bedside manner, does not care for her patients, VERY rude

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Chavin for quite a few years. She is a serious no nonsense doctor but I would go to no other dermatologist. She has caught several skin cancers and I have been pleased with her. Sorry to say but some people want a social meeting and she just not does fill the bill. In my opinion, she is a great dermatologist.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I called the office on 1/6/2015 to make an appointment for myself and daughter, we would both be new patients. i was told by a staff member that they had no new patient appointment until March and call back in February to make the appointment. They did not have the March calendar avaiable! I find this a little hard to believe as most Drs. will book appointments up to a year out. I am sure the person whom answered the phone did not feel like taking the information to sign up to new patients. They will not have to worry as I have already booked appointments with another Dr.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I use to see Dr. Chavin, but I ended up going to another dermatologist for a second opinion where I found out I was being misdiagnosed! I knew no one could properly diagnose you with 3 minutes in their office! I was appalled when my new dermatologist said that Dr. Chavin was just masking the problem, instead of properly treating it. Now that I have been with my dermatologist my skin problem has been healed and I could not be happier that I chose to go to somewhere else for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I am so surprised by these comments. I have been seeing here for many years. I think she has an all business way but can be funny too. She has found over 6 skin cancers on me and sent me to have surgery. She is on time and does a great job. Yes she will tell you if she see sun damage on your skin and tell you how to take care of your skin. That is her job. Feel bad with all the bad reviews on her I think she is great and NO I am not a family member or a friend.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

We have seen Dr. Chavin for some time now. She has the WORST bedside manner but I must say she has always accurately diagnosed my husbands various skin issues. I brought my son there once for a body check and to look at something that was "concerning" to me. She was so sarcastic saying to my son, "I don't know what your mother is talking about" like I had bothered her to look. She also lectured me as I have dark olive skin and reprimanded me for exposing my skin to the sun. I assured her I did not sunbathe but was outside with my kids a lot and she told me that I should carry an umbrella to the bus stop. She is just so RUDE and I have put off going to get a body check from her because of her condescending attitude. I think after writing this review, I will make an appointment with another Dr.

Submitted June 9, 2014

I saw Dr. chavin about a year ago. I went in for a routine body scan. I was literally in her office for less than 3 minutes. I got on her examining table and she barely looked at me. I pointed out a couple of questionable freckles and one of them she took out. I asked her how she can examine so quickly and she said she's been doing this for so long she knows what she's looking for I mentioned to her I saw a dermatologist I used to go to in Wellesley who would examine her patients with an red light viewer(?) she actually had the audacity to say that was a gimmick! The dermatologist I saw in Wellesley was fantastic she took her time and I felt as if she cared I I had to stop seeing her because my insurance would no longer pay. Basically what I'm trying to say is Dr. Chavin does not care for her patients if you are late she will make you wait and she treats her staff in a very disrespectful way.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I really like Dr. Chaven. My daughter had cystic acne. Dr. Chaven diagnosed it immediately, put her on an antibiotic and came up with a plan to remedy future breakouts. She also commiserated with my daughter making her feel better! She took us immediately- she's very prompt we've never had to wait. The only thing I didn't love was the office staff seems a little snippy, and you have to get a referral before you can see the doctor. I would definitely recommend Dr. Chaven.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Chavin was so awful I had to register for this site just to see what others had to say about her. When I first got there, she was ordering her staff around. She saw me right away (only good part), and sat me down in her office (I was there for a routine body scan). She then gave me a 5 minute lecture on skin cancer which sounded like the kind of speech you'd get from a museum or duck tour employee who hates their job - totally memorized and lacking in any emotion - actually one emotion came out - annoyance. She sounded like she was annoyed that I was in her office in the first place. Then she left me to get undressed. When she game back in, the appointment was literally 2 minutes long. She checked my body at lightning speed like she couldn't wait for me to get out. She had an awful bedside manner - think conceited and condescending all at once. I'll never go back. PS. I can only imagine the "good" reviews on this site are her and her friends trying to "up" her rating...

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

I was a little reluctant to go to this doctor due to her overall rating. You should never believe all of the negative feedback or crude remarks given to any MD online. My experience with Dr. Chavin was a God send. I have been suffering from psoriasis in both of my ears for a very long period of time. After several trips to my primary care physician and ENT, Dr. Chavin was able to finally put me on the right track of tolerating and understanding such a painful and chronic condition. With the ointments prescribed and the advice she has given me, I no longer scratch my ears like a dog with fleas. I rarely rate anything online but I will rate Dr. Chavin with 5 Stars! She was kind, prompt and a pleasure to meet. And she helped me!!! Before negatively rating anyone for all eyes to see, do your research. From my retrospect, Dr. Chavin's low ratings sound like they come from a disgruntled former employee or her competition. Dr. Chavin is definitely a great dermatologist.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr. Vicki Albert Chavin's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Framingham, MA