Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Mitsch

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Had lipo done a few weeks ago without researching the doctor. Just found out he is NOT a plastic surgeon, but an eye doctor. Explains why he didn't seem to know answers to questions I had. The staff didn't tell me everything, the consult was just a price break down. There were no health concern reviews or anything. I tried to go to their office during lunch to talk post op. Nobody was there, waited for nearly 90 minutes for somebody to return to the office. Would have been helpful had they put a sign up. Stay away from this guy. Apparently he did a procedure in 2007 that he was untrained for and it turned out bad. Ignored the patients complaints. I can see that, he seems disinterested in his patients concerns. http://www.healthgrades.com/directory_search/physician/profiles/dr-md-reports/Dr-Matthew-Mitsch-MD-82FB4FD3/background-check

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Mitsch and his staff was wonderful, My husband had a procedure at his office and lost 7 inches from his waist. I would recommended him to alot of people, my neighbor has lipo he does his lipo under local couldnt be anybetter less healing time it was perfect he went to work the next day and came for a second area. The staff was wonderful and the Dr took his time and paid attention to detail. GREAT place to go!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Mitsch is an opthamologist who self proclaims to be a plastic surgeon. Potential clients would be wise to check the Virginia Department of Health Professions license lookup section to view complaints. In addition, check the court records in general district court for civil complaints.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

I had bulging eye sockets due to my thyroid disease. I saw Dr. Mitsch for my condition about 8 years ago and had eyelid surgery on both eyes. He did a great job, made me feel comfortable, and provided me with the information that I needed in order to make my decision on whether to have the eyelid surgery or the other more invasive option that involves the eye sockets. I chose to have the eyelid surgery. I am much happier with the way my eyes look now, even so many years later.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Had cosmetic face lift. I look great!!! Very impressed with him and his staff esp Ann. Very helpful. Made me feel totally comfortable. He's got a great sense of humour. don't see that in doctors these days

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Very professional and helpful. He should be cloned! I only wish he would see me for all of my medical problems.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

He was able to help when I could find none. Visited five other physicians of different specialists before meeting with Dr. Mitsch. Gave down to earth practical advice and did a great job in surgery. Can't say enough about him. Would recomend him and his staff for these types of problems.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

Very nice encounter. A special doctor that helps when no one else could. A godsend.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

Dr. Matthew J. Mitsch's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1990)

UnitedHealthcare